close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

spry widget text field err

Thread began 7/19/2011 8:01 pm by jon426081 | Last modified 7/21/2011 10:12 am by Ray Borduin | 3171 views | 7 replies |

jon426081

spry widget text field err

Hi,

Having problems after I ran Security assist.

wholesalersregister.php

Getting an error message.

Also, the captcha thing doesn't show up. i'll probably delete it, and use the security question instead, but I was wondering for the future what to do with that as well.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

find the following line:

var Registration_group_Confirm_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Registration_group_Confirm_Spry", "undefined", { isConfirm:true , validateOn:["blur"]});

and change it to:

var Registration_group_Confirm_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Registration_group_Confirm_Spry", "none", { isConfirm:true , validateOn:["blur"]});

for the captcha, if I try to browse to the file that is supposed to generate the captcha image directly:
wavt_captchasecurityimages.php

i get a 404 error message suggesting that file is not uploaded to the server.

jon426081

Invalid Information

Thank you. That's all squared away now.

But now when I fill out the form, its producing this message "Invalid information, please check your entries and try again."

But the fields are all correct and the database is set up properly. I attached a screen shot of it to reference in case that helps.

wholesalersregister.php

Thanks again!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that is saying that the validation has failed,

send a copy of your page in a zip archive so i can inspect the code.

jon426081

buffalo, tomove

its attached, please let me know if I did that correctly.

Attached Files
wholesalersregister.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you have removed the captcha and security aquestion form elements, but noit the captcha validation code.

delete the following 2 lines

php:
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateLE((strtolower(isset($_POST["Security_Code"])?$_POST["Security_Code"]:"")) . "",((isset($_SESSION["captcha_Security_Code"]))?strtolower($_SESSION["captcha_Security_Code"]):"") . "",true,15);

$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateLE((strtolower(isset($_POST["Security_Answer"])?$_POST["Security_Answer"]:"")) . "",((isset($_SESSION["random_answer"]))?strtolower($_SESSION["random_answer"]):"") . "",true,16);

for any form elements you remove, you need to remove the validation as well.

jon426081

update page error

Jason,

Thank you for your patience all of my issues are resolved with the registration page.

However, I am now getting an error similar to my first one, but for the update page. I tried finding the same code, to replace it, but its not in this particular document.

I attached the zipped code for you to see.

here is the URL
wholesalersupdate.php
(i took the restrict access off).

Attached Files
wholesalersupdate.zip

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is practically the same line of code... upate:

var User_Update_group_Confirm_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("User_Update_group_Confirm_Spry", "undefined",

to:

var User_Update_group_Confirm_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("User_Update_group_Confirm_Spry", "none",

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...