close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Trigering a DataAssist search from a CSS Form Builder form

Thread began 7/17/2011 8:39 am by georgevargasa302189 | Last modified 7/21/2011 11:12 am by georgevargasa302189 | 1462 views | 6 replies |

georgevargasa302189

Trigering a DataAssist search from a CSS Form Builder form

I used CSS Form Builder to enhance a Data Assist search form to add date-pickers.

The Form did not work because, DataAssist will not use the URL parameters to do a search unless one of the parameters is a Search.x=.

The problem is that this is not sent with a CSS Form builder Submit button. It will only be sent if an image button is used.

My solution was to replace the button in the CSS Form Builder Form with an image button.

It just seems that DataAssist should use a different trigger mechanism to avoid this issue.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

I think the idea is with that kind of trigger, the DataAssist results page can be contained to one page and based on whether that trigger is present or not, can then be filtered or not filtered.

But instead of changing your form submit button, why not just add a hidden field with the needed value for DataAssist search to be triggered? If my mind serves me correctly, that's what happens on the automatically generated search by DataAssist.

Best regards,

Brian

georgevargasa302189

Thank you. but adding an image button was what I was going to do anyway.

It just seems there should be some warning of this behavior to save people time and trouble shooting.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

another option is to edit the DataAssist Search server behavior, and change the trigger.

See the "WebAssist Triggers: Unleash the Power" pdf on the learning resources page:
resources.php

georgevargasa302189

I see in the server behavior for Data Assist Search the trigger is set to;

isset($_GET["Search_x"]) && $_GET["Search_x"]

What is the advantage to this default trigger?

Is there a downside to changing this to another trigger in the drop down list?

Also once changed, the original option is not offered in the list.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That trigger is custom based on the form button created in the search form that was created.

The form uses GET instead of POST to allow for bookmarking of the search results and prevents resetting of the results when navigating or submitting a form not related to the search form.

That trigger is not listed, but if you were to go to the bindings panel and add the search form from the search page to the bindings then you could add it again by using the lightning bolt and choosing the button as the trigger from the submitted search form you added.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

georgevargasa302189

Thank you!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...