close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PS3 Transaction Fails in PayPal

Thread began 7/16/2011 12:42 pm by martin400112 | Last modified 7/20/2011 2:42 pm by martin400112 | 1966 views | 7 replies |

martin400112

PS3 Transaction Fails in PayPal

Hi,
I have PS3 installed on shop and after much messing around I have managed to change the currency from USD to GBP after following various instructions in the forum here.

Now though, when I try to make a purchase with PayPal, the transaction fails after I have logged in to PayPal and hit the 'Continue' button after checking the transaction details etc. PayPal just returns a 500 error and everything grinds to a halt.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this to happen? I doesn't happen on other sites I have built (by using e-cart)....

Thanks for your time,

Martin

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

a 500 server error message is a vague error, sometimes, you can get the real erro by adding the following code at line 1 of the page where the error is occuring, in this case pp_confirm.php:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

once we know the real error, we can have a better idea of the cause.

martin400112

Hi (again!), Jason,

Have added the code for you.

All the best,

Martin

martin400112

Hi Jason,

Any news on this problem? Client really wants their site live!

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when you come back to the pp_confirm page, what is the result of that code? does it show a more informative error message?

martin400112

Hi.
Thanks for coming back to me.

When you go through to paypal, login, or add your credit card details, you never get back to the pp_confirm page - PayPal crashes....and yet with other shops I have built with e-cart, there are no issues at all.

Also, I have not made any custom changes to the PS3 code other than following the instructions in your pdf to change from dollars to GBP.

Thanks again,

Martin

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when i test your site, it directs me to the pp_confirm.php page with the following error:
Warning: require_once(WA_Universal_Email/MailFormatting_PHP.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/linweb02/a/altonmodelcentre.co.uk/user/htdocs/shop/pp_confirm.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'WA_Universal_Email/MailFormatting_PHP.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/linweb02/a/altonmodelcentre.co.uk/user/htdocs/shop/pp_confirm.php on line 19

meaning that the WA_Universal_Email/MailFormatting_PHP.php file has not been uplaoded to the server.

martin400112

Sorry! Thanks. Working fine now.
Martin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...