close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic Suite HELP

Thread began 7/13/2011 4:23 am by Kumel | Last modified 7/14/2011 3:01 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2533 views | 8 replies |

Kumel

Dynamic Suite HELP

I have used my Security assist n dr r secure pages like login logout etc etc.. n al.. nw i want each user a profile page.. like as in facebook profile type.. so please help me on dat.. please

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when the user logs in, their ID is stored in a session variable.

to create a profile page, you create a recordset that is filtered on that session variable.

look at the userupdate.php page created by Security Assist, the recordset on that page is exactly the recordset you need to create for the profile page.

Kumel

Hmmm i got dat recordset n all. thanks Abt dat. but dat's not all i wanted to know. i want Da link to be dynamic depending on userid o username Lik example.com/profile.php?userid-25 n etc etc.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that was not detail provided in your initial question

to be 100% honest I struggle to read your questions, each time I end up having to read the question 10 times to decipher what it is you are asking, end up walking a way with a head ache, then reading it another 5 times and still dont understand.

let me see if I understand what you are trying to accomplish:

you want to display links for all users on a page so that others can view their profile?

if that is the case, you are asking about a master detail page set:
help.html?content=WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae8d65-78b7.html

Kumel

the link sent by you does not exist. k. btw what exactly i want is - 1- every user id a profile n dr link must be dynamic. k . 2-users can't see others profile details. 3- i need to know how to make a wall Lik as in facebook Whr user's can share dr picture uploaded by them. i hope u understood pls help jason

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I just clicked that link and it works fine.

you have very lofty goals if you are trying to create face book.

Nobody in an internet forum will be able to tell you how to create face book, especially if you are not able to articulate the question.

Kumel

k i got it.
i wanna know few more things plz help
-in registration page dr r few thing lik name email password only. n in user update page dr lol of things to edit Lik 1st name, last name, address. etc so nw in update page all things can be editted after logged in.
-so by recordset i can make things view lik name etc in other page cald profile.php. so lets say if a user has not written last name in user update page n in profile page thr s label last name n if his last name is filled by him in update page den his name ll be displayed in profile page with a label.. so if a user has not updated the last name i don want Da label also to be displayed. so pls help me on dat.

Kumel

Jason Please help me out soon.. its urgnt.. if ur not able to understnd den please let me know..

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

use an if statement:

php:
<?php if($row_recordsetName['ColumnName'] != "" && $row_recordsetName['ColumnName'] != NULL) { ?>

<?php 
echo $row_recordsetName['ColumnName']; ?>
<?php 
?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...