close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Product Images not Appearing

Thread began 7/09/2011 9:07 pm by anitah355532 | Last modified 10/25/2011 10:29 am by elgueromero13396227 | 2458 views | 7 replies |

anitah355532

Product Images not Appearing

I have a problem with images not loading on the products_detail.php when a sub-category is selected, although the main images load ok.

I assume it’s something to do with product_lookup.php, but I can’t figure out what’s going wrong. Perhaps it’s permission-related. I don’t know … and having spent all day trying to figure it out, I have to give up and ask for help.

The site is at www.ambiencebymichelle.co.nz/

If you select the Candle 04 (3rd product on page) and then choose either small, medium or large, you’ll see what I mean.

A clue may be that I’ve had problems with other images on the site. The only way I could get the logo to appear was to change the image source on index.dwp.php to the secure url : logo.png

And, the only way I can get images to appear when they’re added in the CMS is to enter etc as the image location in the source code.

Can you please look into this for me? Your assistance would be appreciated.
Anita

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

anitah355532

I have resolved the problem, and everything works fine now.

It was caused by incorrect file permissions.

I changed my FTP program to FileZilla and changed the images folders and the webassist folders to 755 - using FileZilla, rather than CuteFTP.

Obviously CuteFTP was not changing the permissions as it should have. I will only use FileZilla from now on.

Erikk D. Lee

CMS2 & PowerStore 4.5 Upload Path Problems

I have to clients, 2 WebAssist products, 1 problem.

CMS2: When logged in to the CMS2 online from our clients website, we upload files to the server through the CMS2 upload feature to use as a link in text on the page. The link that is generated is an absolute path to the Servers local database. Here is the actual path generated.

Trifold.pdf

It should be:

Trifold.pdf

PowerStore 4.5: The same thing is happening when uploading images to the photo gallery. They show that they are linked to the absolute 'Server' path instead of relative to the URL.

Thank you in advance for your help w9ith this.

Erikk D. Lee
Thunderlight Studios, Inc.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have opened a support incident so that someone can work with you on this issue directly. Most likely it is an issue with the library.php file which is what is used to calculate the paths. We have updated that file based on support issues on some servers and that is probably what you are running into. I have attached a new version of that file to this thread. You can try finding and updating the file wherever it appears in the sites you are having trouble with (it may appear more than once).

Update the support incident if you are able to solve the issue on your own, or update it with a phone number and we can help you debug and find a solution.

Attached Files
library.zip
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

elgueromero13396227

I'm also having this same issue. Any help would be great. Thanks.

~raw/

products_detail.php?ProductID=2

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you reported this on another thread, I started an incident in the other thread so we can look into the problem.

elgueromero13396227

srry about that I always try to append my issues. Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...