close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CMS Builder in own (sub) directory

Thread began 6/27/2011 12:26 am by neilo | Last modified 6/28/2011 1:13 pm by Jason Byrnes | 950 views | 3 replies |

neilo

CMS Builder in own (sub) directory

Please could you provide step by step directions how to install CMSBuilder into its own directory, and still be able to do all that it is supposed to do.

I have installed to a directory (by defining that folder as site root in new DW definition) - and copied the connection folder to main site root connections folder, so have CMS - but still no DW interaction.

As this *has* to be in a sub-directory - because of duplication of file & folder names, and a jumble of folders in my site root etc - please could you provide a thorough guide to getting all of the functionality when working with CMS Builder from DW site root while CMSBuilder is in its own directory,

Cheers

P.S: I have bought this for the unlimited sites benefits, and am happy to enter serial number and have it logged with your servers when I first install the extension, but why does it have to be re-submitted to your servers each time I use it on a site? (It's nobody's business but mine what sites I'm working on, or how often I use the extension!). How to disable the second unnecessary (and somewhat obtrusive) 'per-site' activation?

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If you install PowerCMS Builder to another site in order to have it in a sub directory of the main site, you wont be able to use the menu Dreamweaver menu access point to add new content areas, you would need to manually add the developer notes code to your apge in the other DW site.

I will put through a feature request to have it considered for the future to make Power CMS install to it's own directory, but for now, the only way to make this work is to manually create the content areas and copy the developer notes code.

as for the Serial number, It must be entered any time you install power CMS on a new server, this is not so much to keep track of the domains you are using it on, but to make sure you have a proper serial number to be able to install it.

neilo

Thanks Jason,

A feature to have PCMSB install to its own directory would be the icing on the cake. Ta for putting the feature request through.

It would be handy if the fact that the extension currently installs to the root directory were noted on the extension overview and features page, as these currently say:

Manage existing PowerCMS sites

Any Dreamweaver website that has PowerCMS 2 installed, can use PowerCMS Builder to further enhance their content management experience. Great for developers who don’t want to use the PowerCMS admin every time they need to add something for their clients.  

As many (certainly my) existing installations will be in a sub-directory, PCMSB would be of no benefit to these at all.

The whole idea is excellent and will be incredibly useful once the directory choice is provided.

Look forward to a future update!

Cheers,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...