close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Any advice for a new user

Thread began 6/23/2011 2:12 pm by bill3786 | Last modified 7/18/2011 10:33 am by bill3786 | 1527 views | 6 replies |

bill3786

Any advice for a new user

We manufacture and sell worldwide a high quality range of Rugs and accessories. We have about 1000 products but many of these are only colour variations of the product range. We currently have a static site and sell over the telephone to stockists. We will be constructing a new dynamic site with a shop using Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 and Super Suite. This is our first ecommerce site and so that we “can hit the ground running” we would really appreciate some help in the form of a list of tasks that need to be carried out in the correct order and any other helpful information. We have a suitable hosting package and a payment gateway and ssl certificate are being organised. We are experienced in using Dreamweaver but are new to Super Suite. Thanks in anticipation.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

start off with the web development workflow:
web-dev-workflow.php

Other than that go through the getting started guide for each extension as you begin using it for the project to familiarize your self with how it works.

bill3786

Any user experiences?

Many thanks Jason, looking into the info now.
Are there any users out there who can offer their own experiences, good or bad, when starting out with Super Suite.

Resurgam

My Tuppence (2 Cents) Worth!

As a relatively new user of WebAssist products, I would advise that you allocate more than generous time to get to know the WebAssist apps, how they work and what they do.

I'm beginning to realise just how powerful and time saving these extensions are, with most of my problems and frustrations down to the fact that I'm only slightly more advanced than a novice regarding PHP, MySQL and JavaScript.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all buy experience!

Best of luck, and I hope you build an absolutely cracking site!

bill3786

Thanks Resurgam, will follow your advice.

Any more advice out there from experienced users? Can you remember what problems you came up agaisnt when you first started?

YellowCircleWeb

Hi Bill,

I've been using WA Extensions for a number of years. As a rule of thumb I suggest you take a look at the notes in your download centre for each extension you plan to use for your project. Quite often there are notes posted there that will help you out. For example, some extensions needs to be installed before others in order to avoid conflicts in the future, or some extensions may need to have a patch applied if you're using certain other extensions - an example of this is Form Builder 2 and HTML Editor 3 (Form builder has a patch that needs to be installed before HTML editor 3 in order to make the two compatible).

Also, these support forums are a great resource when you need help. The advanced search functionality allows you to search for specific answers about specific issues - I visit the forums regularly and have found answers to all of my problems here, either from others users, or from WA tech support staff like Jason and Ray. Learn to love the forums, they will be invaluable to you.

Hope my advice helps you out.

bill3786

Thanks

Many thanks Ian for your advice.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...