close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Confirmation Page

Thread began 6/20/2011 3:23 am by aladdin229745 | Last modified 6/20/2011 6:03 pm by hdavis136190 | 1950 views | 6 replies |

aladdin229745

Confirmation Page

When a user registers using the form, there should be an instant confirmation on screen.

For example:
' Thank you for registering with our newsletter '
I am not sure if this is available or I am missing the settings for this.

I have set up powermessanger for a client and he has already phoned me saying he is having problems with his test registration. However his registration already worked fine. I am sure all other users will face the same problem. If they are still looking at the same form they just filled in after submiting it, they will automatically think something did not work correctly. I think this will effect credibality of the website. I know the system sends a thank you email, but user may not receive this email instantly unless they have their email program running, but even this is not a sufficient way of confirming a user that the registration is completed.

Please can someone tell me where is the setting and how do I set it up.

Many thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it should automatically be directing to the profile page after registration. If it is not redirecting, that suggests a php error is occurring, add the following code at line 1 of the users_registration.php page to turn on error reporting:

php:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

aladdin229745

Thank Jason.
After registering with email and password details it is true that user lands on the PROFILE page. Then they fill in the rest of the form.. Name, Lastname .... etc
They click on UPDATE button. Nothing happens after. No message saying 'You have succesfully updated your details'
Sorry may be I did not make it clear to start with.

But I manage to put extra text in the profile page so when the user lands on the profile page after registering with email and password, they certainly know that their registration process is going well and my client (a restaurant owner) is offering a glass of wine if the user complete the form and validate their email. The only way they can claim their glass of wine is with a voucher which will be sent to users address. It is looking more exciting now. I think I register too. I like red wine.

Thanks again.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, it was not clear that you where talking about updating the profile.

edit line 97:

php:
header('Location: users_profile.php');

to:

php:
header('Location: users_profile.php?updated=true');

then add the following after the <body> tag to show a message:

php:
<?php if(isset($_GET['updated']) && $_GET['updated'] == "true") { ?>

Your profile has been updated
<?php ?>

aladdin229745

Thanks Jason
That is perfect.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

hdavis136190

sharing....

aladdin229745,

Would you mind sharing what you added, I like the idea of a free offer to get them to complete the information.

thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...