close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power gallery compatibility + inline Style tag

Thread began 6/14/2011 9:00 pm by sales403630 | Last modified 6/16/2011 1:56 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1106 views | 2 replies |

sales403630

Power gallery compatibility + inline Style tag

Hi I'm having issues with the the IE9 and other browser compatibility issues (half a image etc), I have read some posts and looked at the Know issue updates etc.

But before I do them I want to know which version I'm running... so I know where to start from... how do I check that?

+ in investigating the above issue I noticed that the power gallery include was adding the style sheets and js files inside the body tag, as it happens half way through the page. This in turn is causing compliance issues and over riding js I put in the head. Now I have already added the necessary js and style sheets to my page in the head where I assume it should be... how do I stop Power Gallery adding it a second time when I insert the gallery on a php page? I can see why your bundling it with the gallery include but this is causing other issues.... and seems a poor solution to me. Ideas? Help Please! :)

PS here is a link to the page www.jansuter.com

Sign in to reply to this post

sales403630

Remove css and java from gallery include

Just an update I have now installed all the updates starting with "1.2.2 complete files", then "Support Fix - Browser compatibility issues" and finally "PowerGallery: Support Fix - PowerGallery galleries are not displaying correctly on certain pages of a website. (8 Kb)"

So I will keep you posted as to the success of these to fix the images correctly displaying etc. I assume it will work.

But would still like a answer regarding the css styles and javascript being added in with the gallery include... I want to prevent that as mentioned above. Or am I doing something else wrong.. wrong doc type?

PS I should point out the reason these updates were not done earlier ... thus avoiding some of the headache is a entirely internal company issue and not Web Assists fault, they normally send out emails regarding updates... I just didn't get it someone else in the company did... enough said.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the gallery code is generated by the galleries/<your gallery type>/index.php page

you can edit that file to remove the script and style tags and add them to your main gallery page instead.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...