close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Multiple Items One Price

Thread began 7/06/2009 12:18 pm by vito374252 | Last modified 7/27/2009 4:07 am by vito374252 | 3143 views | 8 replies |

vito374252

Multiple Items One Price

Hi Ray,
I'm adding multiple items to the cart. The items are different counsellors...

I want to find out, how would I be able to work the cart so that it shows one price in the cart, no matter if there are one or more counsellors that the shopper has chosen.

Thank you

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could probably have them all have a price of zero and add a charge rule that adds the flat rate if any items are in the cart.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

vito374252

Yeah that works. Thanks.

I used this statement: if number of items with ID of (lowest id value of products in database) <= (greatest id value of products in database).

NOTE: my product id's are numeric, I don't know how you would do this if they weren't numeric.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If subtotal of column Quantity is greater than zero would work.

Based on number of items in cart would work.

Lots of options would work in this case.

vito374252

I have a problem now, with the price being zero. On my oder confirmation page it says Warning:Division by zero...

This is the code:

<?php //WA eCart Validation
if ((WA_eCart_FormatNumber($bookings->DisplayInfo("Price") - (($bookings->DisplayInfo("Price")/$bookings->TotalColumn("TotalPrice")) * $bookings->GetDiscounts()), false, 2) > 0)) {
?>

What do you suggest?

vito374252

I'm thinking of setting the price and still using the charge rule, and then using a show if region on the price column in the cart??

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think you may run into problems....

For the line of code with the error you can just remove it and make sure to remove the closing "}" below that corresponds to this line of code. It isn't necessary in your case.

The problem I am anticipating is that paypal probably won't allow you to pass free items using the paypal standard system. Your technique would work in that everything would look correct on your site, but checking out will be a different story.

You may want to leave it as is and remove the itemized cart information. Pass all the cart information with FullDetails and use the charge as the amount field. Basically I'm recommending redoing the hidden form elements using the paypal standard documentation instead of using the standard format the wizard creates becuase of the unique differences in your cart.

vito374252

Hi Ray

I have run into a new problem, maybe I never implemented your solution properly. Basically, if I have one of those products with the charge amount we discussed and another normal item in the cart at the same time things don't really work... I need the checkout to work if I have the charge rule for the multiple items with one price and if I have a normal item that may have discounts,etc. added to it... Is this possible? Or do I have to encourage my client to get payments pro?

vito374252

No worries. I got it working. I removed the repeat cart region from the hidden form elements for paypal, and used the GrandTotal for the item price value. I also set quantity as "1"

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...