close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SA2 & User Registration SP1

Thread began 6/07/2011 10:33 am by robert222776 | Last modified 6/14/2011 6:42 am by Jason Byrnes | 1040 views | 3 replies |

robert222776

SA2 & User Registration SP1

1. The URSP1 uses SA1. With the SA2 extension now available and replacing SA1, does that affect the ability to make changes to an existing UR system?

2. For a new UR system, what are the main advantages of just using SA2. It would seem one small disadvantage would be having to build my own administrative back end?

3. What is the best way to utilize these two tools (SA2 and URSP1), and UE4 (third tool), for that matter?

4. Can we expect a URSP2 soon (that uses SA2 and UE4)?

Thanks,
Robert

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) No, you can still edit the user Registration solution pack using SA2

2) The advantage to using SA to create your registration system is that you get to create the registration you want. read my response to #3. Thinking in terms of the bird house example, user registration solution pack is similar to buying the bird house from the garden store, you have to choose from what they have available, it may not be exactly what you want. Using Security Assist, Universal Email and DataAssist, you can create the registration system exactly as you want it.

The solution pack licensing is also for a single domain, whereas you can use the tools to create your own registration system from as many sites as you like.

3) Well, User registration Solution Pack is not a tool, it is a pre built application. It is the result of using the tools to create an application. Think in terms of the bird house that is created using the saw, hammer and nails. The saw hammer and nails are the tools, the bird house is the result.

you can use the tools such as security assist and universal email to modify the user registration solution pack by editing the server behaviors.

4) WE do not currently have plans for a User Registration Solution Pack V2, but it is certainly a possibility, you can post to the wish list to have the idea considered by the engineering team.

robert222776

Thanks Jason!

I purchased the UR1 Solution Pack in May of '09. I think that allows me unlimited domain usage. If so, please make a note so my license can be used for multiple domains.

Thanks,
Robert

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You should have an issue using your license on multiple domains since it was purchased before the single domain licensing change.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...