close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Trying to edit a design

Thread began 6/07/2011 4:22 am by mrs | Last modified 9/09/2011 1:06 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2694 views | 6 replies |

mrs

Trying to edit a design

I have created my own design, and due to the unstable nature of CSS Sculptor, I have decided to save a version part way through it's creation. Now I am trying to go back into the design and edit it further, and when I try to add a new div to the footer section, I find that the naming conventions that I have used are being replaced.

I have #fwrap #ftr and I am trying to add #ftrl and #ftrr so I end up with CSS of:

#fwrap #ftr #ftrl and
#fwrap #ftr #ftrr

But what I am getting when I try to add a child div is this:

#div2 #ftr #div

Any setting I had applied and saved as a preset for #fwrap are eradicated by the unexpected renaming of it! Also, if I try to then select #div and change it's name and apply settings, the settings seem to affect a totally different div, even though it shows as selected!

This happens all the time, and although I have just got on with life and worked around it by ending up hand coding the remaining parts of CSS required, it's frustrating to have to find out that you've gone and done an hour or more of work only to have to cancel because you risk ruining any previous stable CSS created.

Any ideas on how I can stop this happening?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Lon WintersBeta Tester

I hav had similar issues in the past, but have found a way to work around them with the work arounds being consistent.

For one, when I add a div it doesntnalways land where expected. The workaround is to create it as close to where I want it to be, then outdent it or move it up or down.

I've also noticed that the div that appears to be the one selected, really isn't and that's why changing the name or other properties affect a different div. I've noticed that I sometime have to click twice to actually select that div. The first click highlights it, bit in a lighter color. The second click highlights it in the dark blue.

After making the change I have noticed it won't keep if I click apply or move on to another tab. I first have to click to another div for the new name to show up in the tree, then back to the new div, again sometimes having to click twice on each one. If everything hold, then I know it's taken and I can move on.

Also, and in other extensions, the first click of androp down menu selects the first option. I have to select a second time.

Some of these things happen in Dreamweaver dialogs too, not just web assist extensions. For example, if you change the name of a text field without clicking out of it, or pressing enter, the new won't keep. Maybe there's amconnection there.

Cologne

i have the same problem, when I red it right.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Henrik

I am experiencing the same issue.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what version of CSS Sculptor are you using?

This should be corrected in CSS Sculptor version 3.0.2.

If you have a previous version installed, make sure to uninstall it from the extension manager before installing the newer version.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...