close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

checkout page validating but no alerts if missing field

Thread began 5/23/2011 6:03 am by admin140217 | Last modified 6/01/2011 12:46 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2215 views | 5 replies |

admin140217

checkout page validating but no alerts if missing field

I have an ecart checkout page that seems to validate properly. I am validating to the confirm.php page for the checkout.php page. In testing it, I intentionally left a couple of fields blank.

When I click to go to the confirm page, it sends me back to the checkout page but isn't telling me what fields are needed to continue the processing.

It is also wiping the form clean when not validating, is there a way to keep that form info from going blank when sent back to the checkout page?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure that you set the failure redirect in the server validation serve behavior to go back to the checkout page.

to show failure error messages, you need to apply the validation show if behaviors.

To retain validated data, you need to set the initial values of the form elements to use the validated entries dynamic binding collection.

see the validation toolkit online help:
index.htm

look in the Getting Started guide -> Tutorials -> Server Validation section under:
Displaying server validation errors

and:
Maintaining form data when validations fail

admin140217

Jason,

If the server validations are on the confirm page to validate the checkout form from the prior page (checkout.php), how should I apply the show if behavior for error messages and retain form data if the behavior requires a form field.

am I misunderstanding the help page?

Since the vlidations are on the confirm.php page, there aren't any form fields on that page, so it seems that I cant' drag a binding to a corresponding form element.

sorry for all the questions, I have had to validate to this extent in previous forms.

Thanks for your time.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would create the error message, then select it, in the server behaviors panel, click the plus button and select WA Validation Toolkit -> Validation Show If, set the Validation page to be the confirm page.

on the bindings panel, you should see a Validated Entries binding group.

for each form element, bind the initial value to the corresponding item from the validated entries binding group.

admin140217

Got it!

Okay Jason I actually understood that and I am no longer losing data once the validation takes place and goes back to the checkout page.

I still seem to have an issue, when validation occurs it thinks that one of the fields is not validating and is not following through to confirm even though all fields are filled in properly.

I am only validating text fields and not select boxes, I have double checked my validations and it seems to be correct.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...