close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Needing Guidance

Thread began 5/21/2011 12:08 pm by johna1964 | Last modified 5/23/2011 7:26 am by Jason Byrnes | 727 views | 1 replies |

johna1964

Needing Guidance

I am attaching screen shots of the wizard process dialog boxes just as I have taking the steps. I hope someone finds something wrong...

After the wizard:

Included in the attachment are screen shots for the login page modification process:

With Step 2 of 3, the tutorial says: “You are ready to close the authenticate user dialog box and save your page.”

I need to understand what to do. Do I: A) not select next; simply close the dialog box and save the page, or B) select Next and Finish; then, save your page?

What happens is the following:

Simply closing the dialog and save? What is this doing?

Select Next and Finish:
The following DW warning appears: "You have made changes to code that are not marked as editable. If you retain those changed, they will be lost the next time you apply a template update to this file. Do you want to retain those pages until then?"

When I select next and finish, I receive the above caution message, select yes receive this same message again.

When I close the dialog and save the page, working my way throughout the entire tutorial section, the login system does not work anyway.

I have trialed and errored this Security Assist Wizard and following the modification tutorial until I know it by heart. I have been unable to successfully implement encyption through these methods.

Please provide some guidance. I believe this will work, and that I am doing something wrong, although I can't find anything. The DW connection is fine, also the WAMP php.ini is set to

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = mail.yourwebhost.com

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = youremailaddress@yourhost.com

with my information, although the example has the sendmail_from still commented ;

could this be the problem? The ; not placed befor the sendmail_from...

I have set this up to support virtual hosts - with no problem...unless this is a problem with Web Assist...I don't see why it would be a problem through...

Please help :)

Thanks!

johna1964

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Click the next button, then click finish.

The error you are getting is a common one when working with templates in Dreamweaver.

There is no solid fix for the issue, but I have discovered a workaround. See the following thread for details:
showthread.php?t=4509

the php.ini settings you are referring to are for sending out emails, the wamp server does not include an smtp server so sending emails will not work when testing locally.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...