close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Add divs in PowerCMS Builder?

Thread began 5/18/2011 9:07 pm by MikeyT | Last modified 5/23/2011 11:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 1842 views | 5 replies |

MikeyT

Add divs in PowerCMS Builder?

Is it possible to add divs in PowerCMS Builder? For instance, if I have an accordion widget with five employee profiles, and the client wants to be able to add new employees on their own, can this be accomplished?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, the HTML editor toolbar contains a button for creating a div, see the attached screen shot.

it should work for adding a new accordion panel as long as the div is placed and named correctly.

MikeyT

The only issue I'm having now is figuring out how to insert a div after the other nested divs that hold existing employee profile info, but before the container div's closing tag. I'm using a Spry accordion so inside the container div are two or three additional content divs. When I add a new div (for a new employee) and apply a class to it so it will be style accordingly, I can't seem to control where it gets inserted. It always ends up nested inside an existing div where it doesn't belong. I can't get it to insert at the end. Source code view in edit mode is confirming this.

Possible workaround:
In edit view (in the admin dashboard), I copied the very last employee profile (name, avatar, bio, and social media links) and pasted it at the end of the list of employees. That properly inserted all necessary divs in the right place, and before the container div's closing tag. Then I can change the avatar and all other info.

I'm wondering if this will be the easiest way for the client to add additional employee profiles. Otherwise, I imagine they would have to know the class names of the nested divs that I've assigned and insert them in the proper order so they nest correctly. I think that would be a nightmare for them, and ultimately me.

Let me know if I'm not grasping something right or overcomplicating things. Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yeah, your workaround is the simplest way to do this.

MikeyT

Thanks for confirming, Jason. Appreciate it.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...