close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to Create new Session Variables

Thread began 5/17/2011 2:40 pm by hbibizadeh396670 | Last modified 5/18/2011 4:52 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3097 views | 10 replies |

hbibizadeh396670

How to Create new Session Variables

I want to make a download centre but cannot create the session variables that I need to do it.

The method I want to use works as follows.

In my products table I have 3 extra fields,

1. DownloadPath
2. UserID
3. DigitalOrPhysical

These fields are used when products are added.

On my download page, I simply make a recordset, which filters the UserID Session variable to ensure the User only gets what they paid for. I then filter the DigitalOrPhysical field which would ensure only Digital products display (As Physical Products would also be stored in the same table).

And finally I would make a download button using the DownloadPath field.

However my problem is that when the order details are stored in the database the user Id is submitted successfully but the DownloadPath, and DigitalOrPhysical fields are not.

What I think I need to do is simply create session variables when the user clicks the button to checkout on the cart page.

However I am not sure as I am not too familiar with PHP.

Thanks in advance

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I think you are misunderstanding how the download center page is created.

the products table will contain information about the product onluy, it will not copntain the userID column. The products table should contain the productID, productName, description, downLoadPath, and digital or physical columns.

before the user can checkout, they need to login, which will set the userID session variable, this is the only session that is needed.

In the checkout, the cart will store the order summary and order details.

the order table should have a column for orderUserID, the store order summary behavior will set the orderUserID column to use the UserID session variable value to associate the order to the user.

On the download center page, a join query is created that joins the order, orderdetails and products table based on the orderUserID column and the user ID session variable to lookup the downLoadPath for digital products.

For more step by step instructions, see the "Applying Register/Login to your checkout", "Automatically populating checkout fields", "Creating an Order History page" and "Creating a Digital Goods Download Center" tutorials on the eCart support page:
ecart/

hbibizadeh396670

Ok thanks for the reply.

I followed the instructions to create a download centre however when buy products it does not appear in the download centre.

I know I must of made a mistake but have no Idea what I is.

I attached my files

Thanks

Attached Files
Send.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to troubleshoot add the following code to your page after the body tag:

php:
<pre><?php var_dump($_SESSION); ?></pre><br />SQL: <?php echo($query_limit_WADAsiteezyecorderdetails); ?>

and post back the results

hbibizadeh396670

Hi

I got this:

array(1) {
["UserID"]=>
string(1) "1"
}

SQL: SELECT siteezyecorders.*, siteezyecorderdetails.*, siteezyecproducts.* FROM siteezyecorders INNER JOIN siteezyecorderdetails on siteezyecorders.OrderID = siteezyecorderdetails.DetailOrderID INNER JOIN siteezyecproducts on siteezyecorderdetails.DetailProductID = siteezyecproducts.ProductID WHERE siteezyecorders.OrderUserID = 1 AND siteezyecproducts.ProductLocation IS NOT NULL GROUP BY siteezyecproducts.ProductLocation LIMIT 0, 1000

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to troubleshoot further, I will need a dump of the siteezyecorders, siteezyecorderdetails, siteezyecproducts tables.

hbibizadeh396670

Sorry but could you explain this further as I dont quite understand what or how to dump the tables

Thanks

hbibizadeh396670

Ok I am not sure if this is what you mean but I have exported the 3 tables here for you.

If you wouldn’t mind deleting them from this post when you've got them

thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

2 problems:

1) In the orders table, the orderUserID column is set to NULL, change that to 1.

to fix this when an order is placed, open the confirm page and double click on the Store order Summary behavior. Bind the orderUserID column to the UserID session variable.

(in relation to the second problem, while in the eCart Store order summary, make note of the Store As setting)

2) in the order details table, the detailOrderID is set to 0, change that to 1.

to fix this when an order is placed, open the binding panel and expand the session collection, make sure there is a session in the list with the name you noted from the Store Order Summary -> Store As section, if it is not there, click the plus button, select session variable and use the same name from the Store Order Summary -> Store As section.

then double click the eCart Store Order Details behavior. make sure the detailID column is not bound to a value. from the OrderID column select list, select the detailOrderID column, and bind the detailOrderID column to the session created by the Store Order Summary -> Store As section

hbibizadeh396670

Yep it works...

Thank you for your kind help :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...