close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email is not Sending

Thread began 5/04/2011 8:57 pm by Kamen Nikolov | Last modified 5/05/2011 8:31 am by Kamen Nikolov | 2816 views | 8 replies |

Kamen Nikolov

Universal Email is not Sending

Hi everyone,

UE is giving me problems. I got it working just the first time and after that it went down fill.

What I am trying to do is sent an email to the buyer with instructions how to download files after the purchase them.

I am attaching my confim.php page so you can take a look a look what I have done so far.

I am getting really frustrated with UE it is really hart to predict what will work and wat not. I even was trying Perl Mail as well - same result.

Please help.

Thank you.

Attached Files
confirm.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The problem is your forms action.

to be successful using Universal Email, you need to an understanding of how forms work.

In your case the form tag:
<form action="https://www.PayPal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" name="checkout_PP_LI_Hid" target="_blank">

has the action set to post to paypal:
webscr

When the submit button is clicked, the form goes directly to the action page.

You cannot trigger Universal email to send the email from the confirm page in this scenario.

In reality, when using Paypal Payments standard as your gateway, you should not be using universal Email to send the receipt unless you configure an IPN page. The reason for this is that transactions using PayPal standard do not occur in real time.

with paypal standard, the user is passed over to the paypal site, they select their payment method, and confirm the transaction. If paypal accepts the payment method, the transaction is placed in a queue, and the user is returned to your success page.

At this point the transaction has not been processed and no funds have been transfered, it can take seconds, hours or even days for the transaction to go through. Paypal will send an email to the customer when the transaction has been processed to notify them of success or failure.

you can configure your payal account to make an IPN post to a page you set up on your site. On that page, you can use the IPN post to send an email using Universal Email. See the following page for information on paypals IPN:
ipn

Kamen Nikolov

Thank you Jason. I guess I have redo pa pages this time using PayPal Pro. Any advise?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure to delete all of the checkout pages created by the checkout wizard the first time around before running the checkout wizard again.

Kamen Nikolov

Just the pages (checkout.php, checkout_failure.php, checkout_success.php, confirm.php, pp_cancel.php, pp_checkout_failure.php, pp_checkout_success.php, pp_confirm.php) or I have to go into any other folders lake WA_eCar (Adv_CO_Scripts/PP_DirectPayment_PHP.php, PP_ECO_Scripts) and so on?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Just the checkout page, you do not need to delete anything in the WA_eCart folder.

Kamen Nikolov

Just the checkout.php? and I am creating just a new checkout.php with Paypal Pro?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, all of the checkout pages:
checkout.php, checkout_failure.php, checkout_success.php, confirm.php, pp_cancel.php, pp_checkout_failure.php, pp_checkout_success.php, pp_confirm.php

Kamen Nikolov

Thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...