close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Fixes don't work...Javascript error and MacFilecache-#######.dat

Thread began 7/01/2009 8:24 am by Mike-CallDesign | Last modified 7/02/2009 9:39 am by Justin Nemeth | 3008 views | 6 replies |

mike378218

Fixes don't work...Javascript error and MacFilecache-#######.dat

I've had this javascript error "While Executing timer in wacs.wizard.htm a javascript error occured" and don't get a preview with the CSS extenstion.

Using DW CS3 on a Mac, I've delete the MacFileCache.dat file, with DW closed, rebooted the system, rebooted DW. Tried reinstalling the extension. Checked the WebAssist Preferences. Still get the error message when it goes to create a preview.

I even downloaded DW CS4 trial, (tried all the same fixes) and I don't get the error message...but I don't get a preview in the CSS Menu window...I do get it in a browser if I click in the preview area...but I really don't want to upgrade to CS4 right now.

Any ideas. I submitted a trouble ticket 24hrs ago, but nothing yet.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should delete the winfilecache after installing the extension, not before. Other than that it seems like it would have worked.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mike378218

Thanks Ray, but I did.

1. Open Extension Manager
2. Quit DreamWeaver
3. Load Extensions
4. Quit Extension Manager
5. Delete the .dat file
6. Open DW...and still have the same problem.

Am I missing something? I'll de-install the extensions and try again...for the 4th time. (I've actually tried rebooting the system and then open DW also)

mike378218

Ray I tried again and lost the error message but still no preview.

I tried just loading the EM CSS Sculpter, rather than all the extensions, and I have lost the error message....just don't get a preview.

I looked under Edit>WebAssist Preferences> and turned off Preview (it was set to on) quit, restarted and then turned it back on...and still nothing. Related problem or something new?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Probably something new... Now everything is working except preview? You probably have to submit a support incident to have someone look into it with you.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Mike-CallDesign

Been there, done that, waiting. Thx though

Justin Nemeth

Do you just have a standard install of OSX? Anything custom like you moved your home directory, different filesystem format, limited user rights, etc?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...