close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping Options

Thread began 4/27/2011 6:30 am by Kamen Nikolov | Last modified 5/02/2011 7:50 am by Jason Byrnes | 3084 views | 14 replies |

Kamen Nikolov

Shipping Options

Hello,

I have a client who has two different products (digital/downloads and physical products). The physical product are with two prices $15.00 and $19.95. The two downloads/coaching session (no shipping) are two prices as well downloads - $12.00, coaching session $125.00.

I got it to work fine setting rules based on the price, but now my client wants me to ship up 1-4 physical products for $11.50, 4-8 physical products for $23.00. I go it to work half way but is always charging shipping on $125.00 coaching session.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files
jadenShop_PHP.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the eCart object, create a new column named shippable.

In the add to cart button behavior, for shippable items set this column to 1 for digital items, set it to 0

in your shipping rules use the trigger,
Based on Items with a specific value:

If the total number of items where 'shippable has a value of '1' is '>' a value of '0'

and:

If the total number of items where 'shippable has a value of '1' is '<=' a value of '4'

Flat rate charge of 11.50

then create another rule for 4 - 8 items using the same trigger, just changing the comparison values.

Kamen Nikolov

Hi Jasen,

Thank you very much.

You have said "In the add to cart button behavior, for shippable items set this column to 1 for digital items, set it to 0" but how do I differentiate between chargeable and no-chargeable items if the behavior is set to charge.

Do I have to do anything to the database or do I have to do another behavior?

Appreciate your help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the rule settings I gave you will only apply shipping the to the items where the shippable column has a value of 1.

that is point of having the shippable column.

it will not take into account items where the shippable column is set to 0.

Kamen Nikolov

This post has been deleted.

Kamen Nikolov

I do appreciate your help and it is working fine. I am totally confused now, how to go about the items that have no shipping.

Any ideas and suggestions? You can take a look what I have done so far.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files
jadenShop_PHP.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I dont understand what you are asking, what do you want to do with items that do not have any shipping?

what exactly do you mean by:
"how to go about the items that have no shipping"

Please give a detailed explanation of what you are trying to accomplish

Kamen Nikolov

Hi Jason,

I don't have a table for shipping where I can specify value 1 and 0. This is why i am asking because now the cart is charging shipping to all items with and without shipping. This is what i am asking how should I go about it.

I go it working based on prices but now my client is asking for multiple file to be combined into 11.50 shipping charge.

If you check the first attached file this is the one I am referring to. The second attached file is with you suggestion.

Thank you

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if your add to cart buttons are static (not using a database) you need to set the column value to 1 or 0 in the add to cart buttons, same way you are setting item name item price, directly in the add to cart button bindings.

Kamen Nikolov

AddtoCart Buttons are using the dataBase to draw info from it. Do I have go back into the dataBase and insert table for the shipping and point shipping, into the binding of the button, to this into the dataBase?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...