close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver CS4 extentions compatible with CS5.5?

Thread began 4/26/2011 6:34 pm by sysop349733 | Last modified 4/27/2011 12:06 pm by Jason Byrnes | 5088 views | 9 replies |

sysop349733

Dreamweaver CS4 extentions compatible with CS5.5?

I have several extension purchased for Dreamweaver CS4. I am thinking of upgrading to Dreamweaver CS5.5. Will existing extension be compatible?

Sign in to reply to this post

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Most likely they will, you should check with the authors to be absolutely sure.

All WebAssist Extensions mentioned here showpost.php?p=96214&postcount=2 work in CS5.5 without any issues on a Mac

sysop349733

Seriously?

"should check with the authors to be absolutely sure."

Which is precisely why I was asking that here -- in the Webassist Dreamweaver forum -- to, you know, check with the authors.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Any extensions that are compatible with DW CS5, should not have any issues in DW CS5.5

Not to split hairs, but not all extensions that are compatible with DW CS4 will be compatible with DW CS5 or even DW CS5.5.

If you post the names and version numbers of the extensions you have, I will be able to tell you if they are compatible or not.

Did you read Dave's second sentence

Originally Said By: Dave Buchholz
  All WebAssist Extensions mentioned here showpost.php?p=96214&postcount=2 work in CS5.5 without any issues on a Mac  

Your post is not specific on whether you are asking about WebAssist extensions or general extensions. Dave's first sentence was addressing general extensions. his second sentence addresses WebAssist Extensions.

sysop349733

Thanks

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I read Dave's second sentence, and I apologize if I came across as rude, it's just that a partial list of one person's experiences on a Mac is not an answer to my question. I thought a question posted about purchased extensions in a Webassist forum would be assumed to be about Webassist extensions and that maybe Webassist would already have this information readily available. Sorry for the confusion.

Here are the extensions I have that I'm wondering if they will be compatible with Dreamweaver CS5.5:

Cookies Toolkit 311
CSS Menu Writer 205
CSS Sculptor 302
Data Assist 208
Digital File Pro 113
Dynamic Dropdowns 274
ECart 452
iRite103
Nitobi Snippets
Promaps for Google 107
Security Assist 118
Site Assist 109
Surveyor 108
ThemeIt 102
Universal Email 307
Validation Toolkit 233

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the following extensions are not compatible with DW CS5:
-Digital File Pro 113 - Integrated into Universal Email 4 and CSS From Builder 2
-ECart 452 - upgrade to eCart 5
-iRite103 - Upgrade to HTMLEditor 3
-Nitobi Snippets - we no longer offer Nitobi products, you will need to contact nitobi support
-Universal Email 307 - Upgrade to Universal Email 4 (UE4 is also integrated into CSS Form Builder 2)
-Validation Toolkit 233 - Integrated into CSS From Builder 2 (Also available as Form Toolkit)

sysop349733

Thanks!

Thank you for the prompt and thorough reply, Jason. Although several of my obsolete extensions are now rolled into CSS Form Builder 2, I do not see that I am offered an upgrade price to that extension. I can upgrade each individually if that is what is necessary, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Is there an upgrade price available for CSS Form Builder 2 for those with older versions of Digital File Pro, Universal Email and Validation Toolkit? I purchased these as the Web Developer Suite, for which I also do not see an upgrade offered.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Contact the sales department at sales@webassist.com to see what may be available.

sysop349733

Will do.

Will do. Thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...