close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Suggestions

Thread began 4/19/2011 2:20 pm by Steve | Last modified 4/28/2011 7:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 1930 views | 5 replies |

Steve

Suggestions

Hello,
I have found this Framework extension to be very valuable. One of the best so far...

Couple things that could improve it though:

1) relative css - figure a way to hook the original css linked in the parent template. It gets old linking and delinking a css file so you know what available classes are present at run time.

2) <title> fields. Do these work for everyone else? They seem broke in my case though hand coding the values is not a problem, it's a shame to lose functionality of the Title field in DW.

I expect others have suggestions to make this even a better extension?

Sign in to reply to this post

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Steve272190
  Hello,
I have found this Framework extension to be very valuable. One of the best so far...

Couple things that could improve it though:

1) relative css - figure a way to hook the original css linked in the parent template. It gets old linking and delinking a css file so you know what available classes are present at run time.  

Design Time CSS is your friend, you can find it under Format -> CSS Styles -> Design Time

This facility gives you the chance to link style sheets to the page that will only be shown within the Dreamweaver Environment

Originally Said By: Steve272190
  2) <title> fields. Do these work for everyone else? They seem broke in my case though hand coding the values is not a problem, it's a shame to lose functionality of the Title field in DW.

I expect others have suggestions to make this even a better extension?  

I have had no issues with title fields, what issues have you seen ?

Steve

I'll do a test when I have some free time and post the details on how to recreate.

Design Time CSS?? Perfect. Thanks for that.

Dave BuchholzBeta Tester

No worries, there are lots of little features like that in DW that don't get much exposure for some reason.

Steve

Step by step - Title problem/Bug

I've created a new template this morning and charted the title bug....

Image 1 - Simple test page created with new template theme. Dreamweaver Title field ready to accept a value plus default editable regions in place to accept the entered title.

Image 2 - Test render of new page created showing it using the default title from the template.

Image 3 - Entering any value in the Title dialog text field in DW throws the shown error.

Image 4 - Forced title value placed in the editable region shown in source code. Also shown the resulting browser rendered view. Note NO title value passed or rendered and the value shows as value in the page body.

Conclusion : While it's not a problem to hand code this solution to work, it does show that there is a bug that does not allow the simple means of setting a title on a page that was created based on a Theme. This is a very simple test and default editable fields from DW should propagate to the Framework theme pages.

The content of the theme template even has the title region but something is prohibiting it all to come together.

Theme code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="doctitle" --><!-- TemplateEndEditable -->
<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="head" --><!-- TemplateEndEditable -->
</head>
<body>
<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="MainContent" --><!-- TemplateEndEditable -->
</body>
</html>

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...