close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Editor Missing

Thread began 4/12/2011 9:28 am by GrahamJ16 | Last modified 4/20/2011 6:22 am by Jason Byrnes | 2935 views | 7 replies |

GrahamJ16

Editor Missing

I have successfully installed PowerCMS builder but when I try to add / edit any content everything works fine except for there is no editor toolbar.

I can add / edit content OK but I have to write raw HTML in the editor box in order to style any content / add links etc.

The editor files are on the server OK but PowerCMS isn't using them.

I attach a screenshot to show my problem.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

from the screen shot, it looks like you are using IE9, At this time Power CMS is not compatible with IE9, we will be releasing in the near future to address IE 9 compatibility. In the mean time you will need to use a different browser like Fire Fox.

GrahamJ16

No editor in Firefox

Thanks for the prompt reply Jason.

I did try IE9s different modes but with no success.

I attach a screenshot of the same page in Firefox and the editor doesn't appear in that browser either.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In fore fox, go to Tools -> Error console. What errors are reported in the error console?

GrahamJ16

CKEDITOR not defined

Firefox error console gives me the following error: CKEDITOR is not defined

The error link points at this line of code:
<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
CKEDITOR.replace('ContentValue', { "wa_preset_name": "Blank (custom)", "wa_preset_file": "(custom)", "width": "98%", "height": "300px", "skin": "kama", "docType": "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-\/\/W3C\/\/DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional\/\/EN\" \"http:\/\/www.w3.org\/TR\/html4\/loose.dtd\">", "contentsLanguage": "", "dialog_startupFocusTab": false, "fullPage": false, "tabSpaces": "4", "filebrowserBrowseUrl": "..\/webassist\/kfm\/index.php?uicolor=%23eee&theme=webassist_v2", "toolbar": [ [ "Source", "-", "Preview" ], [ "Cut", "Copy", "Paste", "PasteText", "PasteFromWord", "-", "SpellChecker" ], [ "Undo", "Redo", "-", "Find", "Replace", "-", "SelectAll", "RemoveFormat" ], [ "Image", "Flash", "Table", "HorizontalRule", "Smiley", "SpecialChar", "PageBreak" ], "\/", [ "Bold", "Italic", "Underline", "Strike", "-", "Subscript", "Superscript" ], [ "NumberedList", "BulletedList", "-", "Outdent", "Indent", "Blockquote", "CreateDiv" ], [ "JustifyLeft", "JustifyCenter", "JustifyRight", "JustifyBlock" ], [ "Link", "Unlink", "Anchor" ], "\/", [ "Format", "Font", "FontSize" ], [ "TextColor", "BGColor" ], [ "Maximize", "ShowBlocks" ] ], "scayt_autoStartup": true, "contentsLangDirection": "ltr", "entities": false, "pasteFromWordRemoveFontStyles": false, "pasteFromWordRemoveStyles": false });
//]]></script>

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This means that not all of the files from the webassist folder where uploaded to the server.

Make sure to upload the entire webassist folder to the server.

GrahamJ16

Problem Solved

I checked that all the files had been uploaded to the server, in fact I deleted the site from my local computer and downloaded from the remote server, set everything up on my local testing server and everything worked fine.

Looking at the source code of the contents_update.php page, I noticed a security restriction on showng the editor panel, I removed this and re-uploaded the page - everything worked fine on the remote server as well!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

by removing the security restriction, this means anybody can access the contents update page.

You should probably put that back in.

Then try editing the WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php file.

Change this code:

php:
if (!isset($_SESSION)) {

session_start();
}

to:

php:
if (!session_id()) {

session_start();
}

kiebe

No HTML editor and can't edit content

I use XAMPP on Windows 7 with DWCS4. Have successfully installed the PowerCMS Builder extension and activated it.

There are a couple of problems with the installation:

1) There is no HTML editor when I try to edit the text in the CMS. This has been checked on three browsers FF, IE & Chrome. Have followed the steps above in this thread - but the problem remains.

2) When I try to edit the content in Dreamweaver I get the following error

C:xampp\htdocs\xampp\SiteName\PCMS_Edit_ContentID_<![CDATA[1]]>_Temp.php contains an invalid path.

Please let me know what needs to be done to fix these issues

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you reported this issue in another thread, i started an incident for the other thread to investigate the problem with you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...