close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

checkbox in update

Thread began 6/30/2009 6:09 am by Daryl | Last modified 10/12/2011 9:07 am by Jason Byrnes | 3000 views | 10 replies |

DarylBeta Tester

checkbox in update

How can I have the checkbox ticked in the update page if it is ticked in the database?

Sign in to reply to this post

DarylBeta Tester

Please ignore - I figured it out with a bit of trial and error!

bill3786

Hi daryl

Please could you post the solution to this, I have the same problem.

Thanks

DarylBeta Tester

I cant remember exactly....

I think I would have selected the checkbox on the update page, then clicked the lightening bolt.

Select the database column for the check if field (using the lightning bolt)

Make sure the value to Equal to is 1

Press OK

Make sure the checked value in the property inspector is also 1

bill3786

Thanks daryl

Tried your suggestion but doesnt give me what I expected.
I'm trying to return previously selected product options on the update page. These options have been previously inserted using a checkbox in a repeated table and the MRT on the insert page.

Jon CunninghamBeta Tester

To populate check boxes on your update page do the following:-

On the update, page, you set up the checkboxes the same way as on the insert page.

Create a recordset for your chosen table (the one that holds the data for the checkboxes) to return the chosen ID and name, and use a repeat region to write a checkbox for each available checkbox echoing the ID as the value and the name as the label.

Once you add the Manage relational table behavior, it will pre-populate the checkboxes based on the selections in the checkbox table.

Hope that this helps

Jonathon

bill3786

Thanks Jonathan

I have previously successfully created my insert, delete and update pages which add, delete and update data in the main products table and the linking productoptions table.

The problem I have occurs when I choose to update data from a results page, none of the previously selected checkbox options are populated. The data is in the tables but will not display in the checkboxes.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of your page so we can examine the code.

bill3786

Here is the update page.

It will perform an update properly but wont populate the checkboxes from the database when selecting update from the results page.

A couple of other related questions.

1. I want to add the same option checkboxes to my search and detail pages. Do I run the MRT exactly as that for the update page using the WADAUpdateRecord key value in step 2 of the MRT and a different trigger on step 1

2. I can get the repeating table to work successfully on the insert page with the option checkboxes but it doesnt seem to work with an update page. Should the repeating table work on an update, search and detail pages? If so is the procedure different from an insert page?

Thanks

Attached Files
products_Update.zip

bill3786

Hi, any update on this?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...