close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

upload not working with form submit

Thread began 3/31/2011 11:43 am by WhiteJC | Last modified 4/01/2011 11:23 pm by WhiteJC | 2438 views | 8 replies |

WhiteJC

upload not working with form submit

I can get a file to upload when the form action is set to nothing, as soon as I set the form to load another page the upload stop uploading!

any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

all form processing must occur on the forms action page.

if you change the forms action to post to another page, the upload file code must be moved to the other page.

WhiteJC

so how do I set the upload action on a page that doesn't have the form on when I'm asked for the 'file field' name which is on the previous page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

go to the bindings panel and click the plus button, select form data. Click the folder icon and select your form page, this will add dynamic data bindings for the form to the other page.

WhiteJC

Hi Jason

I'm sure its me being dense, I've done as you suggested and I can now 'see' the form on the following page, I've set the upload to happen "before page load" as I've assumed that this will upload the selected file from the previous page however, the file isn't uploaded.

what I'm trying to do is to allow the uploading of a photo and then show a thumbnail of the image on the next page. the next step is to allow the user to either save the image (to a database) or abandon it (I'll be using the delete file option from webassist/file manipulation)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

your better of setting this up on the initial form page that setting it to go to another page.

WhiteJC

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  your better of setting this up on the initial form page that setting it to go to another page.  

I'm being stupid! I've got the image to display when its been uploaded by setting the path to the upload directory

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, glad to hear it is working.

WhiteJC

is there a way of only displaying the image placeholder after the image has been uploaded i.e. so you don't see a red x?

I've used Security Assist to hide the image when its loaded and to display it when its been loaded

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...