close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PG Help doc oversight or not?

Thread began 3/29/2011 2:52 am by Paul | Last modified 3/29/2011 10:53 am by Jason Byrnes | 1402 views | 3 replies |

PaulBeta Tester

PG Help doc oversight or not?

I followed what was a text book installation, unpack, rename and upload...however,

The supporting installation instructions advise changing the installed folder to another name and when done, CS5 asks if the files it affects require updating accordingly. When this is accepted, CS5 will list all affected files and updates them.

However, I have noticed that for example, the file paths in pg/galleries/global.php do not change.

So in this example, the line;

defaults to require_once('Connections/powergallery.php');

My folder structure requires that it points to...

require_once('../../Connections/powergallery.php');

Also;

In the file pg/admin_gallery/index.php
The line "require_once('../../rename_and_upload_this_folder/admin_gallery/global.php');"
Clearly has not updated either. How many other instances of this are likely to exist and how do i know where to look?

And;

In the file pg/admin_gallery/global.php

php:
//need to run installation wizard

if(!file_exists('../Connections/installed_gallery.txt')) {
    header('Location: ../install_gallery/index.php');
    exit();
} else {
    $installdate = realpath("../Connections/installed_gallery.txt");
    $handle = fopen($installdate, "r");
    $contents = fread($handle, filesize($installdate));    
    if (strpos($contents,"\n")) $contents = substr($contents,strpos($contents,"\n"));
    fclose($handle);
}
require_once("../../rename_and_upload_this_folder/webassist/framework/library.php");

Features the same problem as above with renaming and incorrect file paths and also I do not have the file installed_gallery.txt present in this directory

Unless i'm missing something, there's nothing in the supporting docs to describe these instances and how to resolve them.
I assume this is affecting every file with lines referring to a path, so how do I ensure every path in every file affected by this issue is pointing to the correct path?

For a $99 dollar product, your quoting of a "painless setup" is a little dissapointing don't you think, when there seems to be so many tweaks required.

Thanks, Paul.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when CS5 asks you if you want to change the paths, you should decline.

the paths do not need to be changed.

If you are changing the folder name within Dreamweaver, when prompted to update paths, you should decline.

PaulBeta Tester

I have now managed to resolve this issue.

The setup documents were useful to a point but I have to say the gaps missed key steps and important detail.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If there are issues you have with the documentation, please post your concerns directly to the documentation team using the feedback form:
feedback.php?type=docs

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...