close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Suggest Changing Folder Names

Thread began 3/23/2011 6:16 pm by SPT | Last modified 6/02/2011 9:08 am by SPT | 2584 views | 7 replies |

SPT

Suggest Changing Folder Names

I suggest WebAssist change the folder names it installs for common files such as - images, js, css, etc. to specific WA folders.

For two reasons:
Reason 1 - My images folder on one of my sites is called '"Images" not "images" so this throws off the whole CMS system.

Reason 2 - It would be easier to figure out which folders to upload if they were named some thing like WA_Css or WA_images. Or just put all necessary files - css, images, js etc, into one folder - named WA_CMSFiles.

I am now working to rename all of the images on this site to refer to "images" instead of my current "Images".

Just an idea that would make life easier.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Power CMS Files should be installed to it's own directory to avoid this, but i will move this to the Wishlist forum so it will be considered for the future.

SPT

"installed to it's own directory"

Sounds like a good idea. How do I do that?

Do I define another site?

So add those instructions to my wishlist for PowerCMS documentation.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in your site, create a subdirectory:

PowerCMS

and upload the power CMS files to the PowerCMS Subdirectory

SPT

So it sounds like we agree. PowerCMS Builder should create it's own folder/"directory" when it installs itself, instead of me having to go through the files and move them manually.

Since PowerCMs creates the file system without asking me where I want them, I now have to go through each file (css, images, templates, js, WA folders) and figure out which ones pertain to PowerCMS that I need to manually move to the new directory "PowerCMS Subdirectory".

Or am I missing a step that will automatically do that for me during the install?

SPT

in your site, create a subdirectory:

PowerCMS

and upload the power CMS files to the PowerCMS Subdirectory

I could never get this method to work. If you move everything to another directory "PowerCMS" every time you "Add content to CMS" PowerCMS tries to rebuild the structure of the file system to the root folder again.
The code PowerCMS adds to the page does not refer to the new PowerCMS directory but to the root.

anonymous

Rob,

You need to create the subdirectory manually before installing Power CMS.

After you create your subdirectory, install Power CMS into the directory so it will be a stand alone application in that folder.

Best regards,

Brian

SPT

Thanks Brian for taking the time to reply.

I am a little confused (sorry).

In Dreamweaver: (prior to adding PowerCMS to site)

Right click on the top directory (site root folder) >
Choose New Folder >
Name it "PowerCMS" >

Now do I create a test page in that folder/directory "PowerCMS"?

Save it >
Add a paragraph >
Select it >
Menu Webassist >
"Add content to PowerCMS" >

I have not been successful so far.

Again thanks for the time. I hope this helps others also. :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...