close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PG122 viewed with IE9

Thread began 3/21/2011 2:00 pm by robert222776 | Last modified 3/29/2011 4:01 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1768 views | 4 replies |

robert222776

PG122 viewed with IE9

There appears to be a problem with PG122 when viewed in IE9, at least for the Slideshow-Dissolve design. Just the thumbnails show up in a grid/array pattern, and there is no main image displayed. The only other design I have tried is Ribbon+Fullsize+Lightbox using IE9, and that displays without a problem. IE8 does not have the problem for either of these two designs. Other standards compliant browsers appear to be fine.

See the following test site link:
anniversary-celebration2010.php

Thanks,
Robert

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Thank you for reporting this issue.

We are currently evaluating our products compatibility with IE 9 and will be releasing updates as they become available to fix compatibility issues like this one.

robert222776

Thanks for the update.

I did edit the following files to make the slideshow fit the width of my page. These changes were made prior to my noticing the IE9 issue.

1. the index file in the slideshow dissolve folder, commenting out the original script
//$gallery = get_gallery(get_mediarss_url('gallery=' . $pg_id . '&thumb=62c&full=782c'));
$gallery = get_gallery(get_mediarss_url('gallery=' . $pg_id . '&thumb=80c&full=700p'));

2. the properties file inside of admin_gallery/common folders adding these two lines of code to cover either option:
$GLOBALS['resize_proportional'] = array(
array('w' => 700, 'h' => 481, 'watermark' => true)
);

$GLOBALS['resize_cropped'] = array(
array('w' => 700, 'h' => 481, 'watermark' => true)
);

3. plus some changes to the common style sheet for the slideshow dissolve design.

I look forward to what you learn regarding IE9 compatibility.

Thanks,
Robert

robert222776

Do you have an estimated date when the PG122 and IE9 compatibility issues will be addressed?

Thanks,
Robert

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, I do not have a release date to give you, all I can say is that it is being looked into and an update will be made available once it is finished and tested.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...