close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

4.1 to 4.5 update Install issue

Thread began 3/15/2011 7:41 am by robert329616 | Last modified 3/18/2011 7:33 am by Jason Byrnes | 2745 views | 13 replies |

robert329616

4.1 to 4.5 update Install issue

Hello,

I want to make sure I am doing this right on my test server before I update my live site. I copied all of the php files from there respective folders into my test site and test site folders. I then copied the sql code and updated my db. Do I then run the install file (I checked the forum but did not see this)?
I tried to do this but it took me right to the admin login page. When I logged in the dynamic charts did not work. It seemed like the install did not run properly. If I follow the steps but do not run the install the charts work fine.

The other question I have is: After I update, where do I go to add the keywords, descriptions, etc, for the product level? I went through the admin section but could not find the area to do this. Or is this because the install script is not working properly?

Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to up[date power store 4.1 to 4.5 you need to copy all of the power store php files and folders over your live site files and folders. copy the install/webassist folder over the webassist folder at the root of your live site, then run the sql script in the install/scripts folder for your update path.

you do not need to run the installer.

once the files are updated, the products insert and update page should have an SEO tab to enter product specific meta tags.

robert329616

Jason,

I have copied all the files and folders over to my test server. I also imported the v4.0.1_4.5_update.sql into my db successfully.

It looks like with the exception of some custom css and image links, that the main site is connecting to the db and rendering fine.
I am having issues with the admin section. I can see the product results page but when I click on the update link the page shows up blank. This is also the case with the add new product page. I can see the manage inventory page and charts page although the dynamic web charts do not work (or at the dashboard page).
I am not sure if this is the correct code but I placed the following at the top of the products_results.php file:
<?php
echo error_reporting(E_ALL);
?>
I recieved this when I reloaded the page: 6143.

I tried this in the latest firefox and safari browsers using the mamp test server.

I am not sure what to do next, I looked for extra spaces but did not see any.

Thanks,
Rob

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

instead of:
<?php
echo error_reporting(E_ALL);
?>

use:

php:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

robert329616

After I added the code I received the following:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/babysproshop/admin/products_update.php:5) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/babysproshop/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 5

Warning: require_once(../webassist/ckeditor/ckeditor.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/babysproshop/admin/products_update.php on line 9

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../webassist/ckeditor/ckeditor.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php') in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/babysproshop/admin/products_update.php on line 9

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the second error indicates that the entire install/webassist folder has not been uploaded to the server , namely the install/webassist/ckeditor folder.

the webassist folder in the install directory needs to be copied to the babysproshop/ folder on your remote server.

for the first error, see this thread:
showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=19285

robert329616

Jason,

Thanks, I didn't realize I had to copy files out of the install folder into the live webassist folder.
I fixed both issues.

Last issue (hopefully); The description tab on my update products page seems to be showing my page background instead of the type. When I click on source it shows the type and the page renders correctly on the main site, not sure why. I have included a screen shot of the issue.

Thanks again for all of our help!

Rob

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the long description right?

when you view source, what is the source code, can you past it here?

robert329616

It is with all 3 descriptions (the screen shot showed the source code for the short description and how the background image shows up in the long).

products_update.php source code:
Cart description: <p>
ANVIL Jump Break Cue</p>
<p>
&nbsp;</p>
<p>
AJB Blue 375</p>

Short Description:
<p>
Whether it's devastating breaks or accurate jumping, you will never need another cue again!</p>

Long description:
<h2 id="ProductCartDesc">
ANVIL JB 375</h2>
<div id="ProductLongDesc">
<p>
The new BTX taper, FT2(TM) Ferrule Technology allows for more breaking speed than the competitors' cue giving you a devastating advantage over your opponent.</p>
<p>
The NEW Leather Tip (optional) jumps and breaks as well as the phenolic - AND it's legal for league play!<br />
Keep in mind, any exotic wood can be substituted.</p>
<p>
<b>Please note:</b> While we do our best to match the colors shown, color can be effected by the natural wood density, color, grain, and also the type of monitor you are viewing this site on. All of our ANVIL's are made in our shop and depending on stock can take up to 3 weeks to make.</p>
<p>
Please call us if you have questions: 864-458-7662.</p>
</div>

------Also same on the products_Insert page (all 3):
Cart:
<p>
The information you enter here will display on the Shopping Cart page when your customer adds this product to their cart.</p>
Short:
<p>
Here you should enter a short description of this product. The information entered here will display on the product catalog page (this field is not used for grid results pages).</p>
Long:
<p>
The long description should be used to detail all the aspects of this product. &nbsp;This could include the following:</p>
<ul>
<li>
Technical Specifications</li>
<li>
Instructions</li>
<li>
Product Reviews</li>
<li>
Image gallery of the product (select the 'Insert Photo Gallery' button from the toolbar)</li>
</ul>

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...