close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Issues With Billing and Shipping Information

Thread began 2/26/2011 10:41 pm by lynny | Last modified 2/28/2011 8:14 am by Jason Byrnes | 1233 views | 2 replies |

lynny

Issues With Billing and Shipping Information

Hi, i have created checkout pages with Paypal standard as the payment gateway, where the user is redirected to paypal after the confirm page.. After creating the checkout pages i tested them on my local host testing server.

However i am experiencing two problems with the form on the checkout page where the customer enters their billing and shipping information. These two problems are detailed below;

1. When the customer enters their telephone number and email address in both the billing and shipping fields on the form, these details are not relayed to the corresponding telephone number and email address fields on on the Paypal payment page when the customer is redirected to Paypal (these fields appear blank in Paypal). However the other fields are relaying across fine to Paypal. Is there any reason why the information from these two fields is not going across in the same way?

2. I live in the UK and the regions are 'Counties' not 'States'. When the customer selects there country the 'State' field does not change to correspond with the various regions of their country. It remains as USA states 'California', 'New York, 'Texas' etc.

Is there any way to have the counties and states to correspond to the customers country? And if not could you please guide me through the process of removing the 'state' drop down box and replacing it as a text field so the customer can manually type the region they are from whether it be 'county' or 'state'?

I have zipped up my checkout pages i would be very grateful if you could have a look and advise me on what is going wrong regarding these two problems i am experiencing.

Thanks

Attached Files
checkout_pages.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

malcolm.burnage319820

I would also be interested to see the answer to this, although i have not even got passed changing the currency to £ yet.

frustrated here as not a coder

malc

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Using paypal standard, the email and telephone number will be taken from the users Paypal account, not form any input that is sent over using the cehckout form.

In Paypal standard, the checkout form data is mostly for storing the transaction information into your database.

to convert the state list to a text box, delete the state lists, then replace them with text boxes named:
state_province
shipping_state_province

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...