close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CMS builder inlog problem

Thread began 2/25/2011 10:11 am by info113754 | Last modified 4/04/2011 11:17 am by Jason Byrnes | 3944 views | 10 replies |

info113754

CMS builder inlog problem

after running the powercms installation on the server for the first time it is nog possible to login the next time> error message" Table 'evvtests_evv.pcms2_users' doesn't exist"
It looks like the MYSQL database is not correct written by CMS builder.

Greetings,

Ed

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

MikeyT

same problem

I'm having the same problem with my testing server using MAMP Pro. After numerous attempts to install PowerCMS and finally getting past the looping installation process issue (changed write permissions in MAMP Pro) I finally got to the Admin page. Once leaving that page, I can't log back in using the admin username and password created during setup. There is no such pcms2_users table created in the database.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have opened a support incident so that we can get on the phone and help you get started directly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

ericmartin336257

Aha! Same Problem

Fought to get past the ever-incredible-looping attempts .. got to the admin_cms prompts .. then asked for username and .. pcms2_users' doesn't exist. Right. It doesn't. Now what do I do? Did anyone get any help for this?

npizzola365988

Table 'c10DB01.pcms2_users' doesn't exist

I have installed the PowerCMS Builder extension and everything looks good on the front end, but when I get to the CMS login, I get the error "Table 'c10DB01.pcms2_users' doesn't exist". I look at the database and there is no table named "pcms2_users", just like the other people in this thread there is a pcms2_usergroups table. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

ericmartin336257

Support Ticket?

Umm .. ok .. maybe it's me. I go to look for a support ticket and there is nothing there. I come back to this board and nothing has changed. Please .. any help you can give solving this would be appreciated. I tried it on another site I have and the same problem arises. What can I do?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There is a new beta version available for download in the Power CMS Builder download center that fix your problem.

Please uninstall your current version. download and install the new version from the download center and recreate the CMS Content area to update the site files.

ericmartin336257

No change - nothing

Ok .. so here is what I did.

I uninstalled (using Adobe Extension Manager) CMSBuilder100
I downloaded the new Beta version and followed your suggestion and that of jciol (showthread.php?t=19809)

Forget going back to to what I had done and trying to figure things out .. I deleted the website both locally and on the remote. I restored back to the beginning.

I then changed all the files to .php and upped (read that in the forum here somewhere).

I then went to the database and dumped the tables.
- connection tested and everything works like a charm

Closed and opened Dreamweaver.

I pulled up my index page.

I identified the main copy on the page and chose "Add Content to PowerCMS"
- validated the license (thank you)
- watched while an error message came up
"An FTP error occurred - cannot make a connection to the host" (huh .. no .. the connection is solid)
- I then chose the only button available "OK" and watched while my main page content disappeared and a single file created .. PCMS_Edit_ContentID_1_Temp.php
- I check the database .. excellent .. now I have a user table. I look and there is the content in my contents table .. good

So now what?

There is no CMS folder .. nothing. Wasn't there supposed to be a bunch of files loaded according to the documentation
- open up the index page now the error message .. Warning: require_once(WA_CMS/WA_CMS.php). Right .. no .. there is no file called that anywhere in my site.

So:
- connection stops at the beginning of the process failing to find an FTP connection that it finds later. I am guessing (just guessing) it's nothing I did and that all those files which were supposed to be created during that process weren't.

Now what? .. any help you can give would be appreciated.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...