close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cannot get CMS Builder to work

Thread began 2/24/2011 3:53 pm by stevecarr399613 | Last modified 3/21/2011 9:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 6335 views | 27 replies |

stevecarr399613

Cannot get CMS Builder to work

I was very eager to try out CMS Builder. I've been looking for a product like this for a while.

I purchased the product, installed it in Dreamweaver, got it registered with my serial number, and followed the instructions on the Getting Started page to add a content area. I did so, but none of the things that were supposed to happen to install the database tables, upload files to the server, etc have happened. If I upload the page with the CMS content area and then try to view it in a browser all I see is a blank page.

I have attempted to add CMS Builder to two sites on two different servers with the same result: nothing. I've also tried removing the Dreamweaver extension and reinstalling it, but it made no difference.

There is no tech support available either other than the Getting Started page.

Is there anyone out there who has any ideas of how to get this product to work?

Thanks,
Steve

Sign in to reply to this post

MarkNewsom

Similar Problem CMS Builder Crashing DW CS5

I too was all excited about CMS Builder. However, as soon as I define a site, create a page, and click on the icon and DW immediately stops responding. I have to kill DW and restart it only to have it do it again. Any suggestions?

elton

CMS Builder

Same problems...Unable to get CMS Builder to work. Tried to reinstall from bare metal up...still no luck

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Steve:
I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

Mark:
Have you deleted the Dreamweaver cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

Elton:
You reported you issue in another thread, I started a ticket for you in that thread.

MarkNewsom

CMS Builder Still Not Working

Jason:

I purchased CMS builder last night and installed it on my laptop running Windows 7 and CS5. It kept causing DW to not respond over and over. I followed the instruction in the PDF that you sent a link to and that didn't seem to fix anything. I came into the office this morning and tried installing it on my desktop system and I am encountering the same issues. I have deleted the files your PDF recommends and restarted DW and still no luck. I was hoping this was going to be the answer to my prayers. I have a client that I promised CMS for today and I am not going to be able to deliver. Do you have any idea why I can't get it to work? I am legal on all of my licenses from CS5 through Windows 7 and all points in between.

If I can't get this up and running today I think I will be asking for a refund. Let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Mark

MarkNewsom

No Dat File

I just tried deleting the cache DAT file noted in the support PDF and re-launched Dreamweaver (again) and now I am getting the object tag Java error. I tried going back to delete the DAT file and it no longer exists. I sure wish I could talk to someone on the phone about this without it costing me any money since I have never been able to use it and it does not work on either of my systems. Please advise.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

superpac250441

Hi there,
With all these support tickets flying around, the posted queries come to a dead end. Would it be possible to post the solutions in these threads so we can all learn. Just a suggestion

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We have not yet identified the cause of the issue, in many cases, the cause can be different for different people.

are you having the same issue? If so i will start a ticket so we can look into the problem.

esmsBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  We have not yet identified the cause of the issue, in many cases, the cause can be different for different people.

are you having the same issue? If so i will start a ticket so we can look into the problem.  

I think posting the solutions to problems discovered would be very useful. I've not bought it yet (but I will soon) owing to the problems others have encountered. Maybe seeing what caused problems for others would help us all.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...