close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore Product_result.php Issues

Thread began 6/27/2009 12:17 pm by sales320648 | Last modified 10/08/2009 11:10 am by Ray Borduin | 2644 views | 9 replies |

sales320648

Powerstore Product_result.php Issues

Does anyone know what I have to do in order to make the powerstore search box work?

When I search items in the power store, I get the following in the browser:

The Requested URL/Virtual/Templates?Products_Results.php was not found on this server. (virtual is the name of the folder in the website root)

I get the same result for the admin page. That is, after I log in as an administrator (localhost/virtual/Admin/index.hp), when I try to log out, I get the following 404 Not Found,

The requested URL/virtual/Templates/index.php not found on this server.

What am i doing wrong? Do I have to set the path parameters again in powerstore? If yes, how is that done?

Sign in to reply to this post

Stan

What is the root of your website? For some reason it is looking in the templates directory. You probably have the root setup wrong in your DW site definition.

sales320648

Powerstore Product result.php issues

Since I'm using wamp server as my testing local server,in dreamweaver Advance mode, my root directory (testing server folder) is set to:

C:\wamp\www\folder (I have the folder name here)\

While my image folder is set to:

C:\wamp\www\folder\Images\

Is something wrong with my set up?

sales320648

when a client types a search the there are no results. Instead the flowing message appears in the browswer

Not Found

The requested URL /Templates/Products_Results.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I didn't change anything pwerstore except for the images. Does this mean there's a bug here?

Check it out, go to www.reconjeansbags.com and try to search for let's say" bags" and you'll notice the above issue.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It appears to work now. Probably a bad setting in your globals that you have corrected?

sales320648

In the WA_globals.php upon uploading powerstore to the live server, I made the following changes:

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/website/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "public_html/";

To:

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/";

If I left the setting to $WAGlobal_locahost= "/website/", I got a 404 error. on the search results and in the following in the browser

"www.reconjeansbags.com/website/products_results.php.

But when I removed it and upon submitting product search again every thing works well and the following appears in the browser:

products_results.php.

So the above seems to have been fixed and the product results page seems to be able to work so far.

However, the issue now is,

After one logs in as a user or registers and then logs out (that is users_login.php page or users_Registration.php pages) if they try to submit a search, immediately after they log out, ( that right from the users_logOut.php page) they get the following 404 error page:

Not Found

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

On the other hand, if after you log out, and press instead the "home" (that is, index.php pag) button, and submit a search from there, the product results page appears to work ok.

What's going on here?

Question: if this is a $WAGLOBAL.php issue, what is the appropriate settings upon upload to the live server?

is it for example:

$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/public_html/";

Or is it for example

$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/website/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/public_html/";

or is it for example:

or it for example:

$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/";

Note that, when I customized the powerstore, I tried not modify any major component, in order to see how it works. The only changes were, the in graphic changes and added a discount using ecart wizard.

The setting in the connection file are in the following sample format:

hostname_localhost = "localhost";
$database_localhost = "admin";
$username_localhost = "admin";
$password_localhost = "admin";

sales320648

In powerstore, it appears that when adding addition pages, one should apply the existing template from the template folder. Instead addition pages should be created from the existing pages. If you create additional pages from the templates, you'll get the following error messages a customer searches your database:

Not Found

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at reconjeansbags.com Port 80

in your browser you'll see something similar to this:

Products_Results.php?S_ProductName=caps&Search.x=44&Search

This is because for some reason, the browser ironically reads that there is another folder containing the products_results.php page. When in fact this doesn't exist. So don't create additional pages using the template in the template folder. Just open an existing page, and when your finished adding content, go to file ( in dreamweaver for example) and chose, "save as" and give the name you want to that page.

sales320648

Powerstore Product result.php issues correction

disregard the above domain link when you get the error pages, the intention was give a sample example like the following instead of making a link to an actual site.

Products_Results.php?S_ProductName=caps&Search.x=22&Search.

when you get the product search result error by applying the template in powerstore to a newly created page this is what you get.

wheres_my_damn_wallet390757

need help

win i go to google or yahoo i get this
its like wtf can som one help me plz to fix this

Not Found

The requested URL /searchresults.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2 Server at 1165651291.com Port 80

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Does the URL look correct. Is the page name correct? Case sensitive? Do you have a url where we can view the problem? I would need to investigate more to find the cause.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...