close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't get a space between currency symbol and amount

Thread began 2/18/2011 5:26 pm by Roxana | Last modified 2/23/2011 12:38 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2217 views | 5 replies |

Roxana

Can't get a space between currency symbol and amount

Hi,

I have an online shop with catalogue and detail pages. I used to have the currency symbol and the amount with no space like this €100,00.

To change that I added   behind the currency symbol in the eCart object. That changed the look on the catalogue page like this € 100,00, but not on the detail page. There the amount still clings to the € symbol.

I also tried to have the currency symbol not show at all, and manually add it to the detail page, but that just won't work. When I choose "don't show", it will appear to the right of the amount. The same happens, when I choose "On right".

I also deinstalled eCart 4 and installed eCart 5, but that did not change the outcome. Also restarting the computer had no effect.

Could someone help me get a space between € and amount on the detail page?

Thanks,
Roxana

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a copy of the detail page so i can see the code that is displaying the currency

Roxana

I believe there is no code displaying the currency. The currency symbol comes from the ecart_object page
<?php
//WA eCart Include
require_once("WA_eCart/name_PHP.php");?>

This is the corresponding code on the eCart page
<?php
// eCart Language Pack [Ge]
$name = new name_Definition("name", 0, "&euro;&nbsp;", "", true, 2, 0, "kg", true, 3, 1, 1);
$name->cartAction = "";
$name->redirStr = "";
?>

I added the &nbsp, which works for every other page (catalogue, cart, checkout pages), but not the detail page.

I attached the detail page. This is the code displaying the price:
<label id="pricelabel"><?php echo $row_rspricetable['price']; ?></label>

Attached Files
detailwebassist.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this code will not add a currency symbol, unless it is in the price column of the data base, this code is just writing the value of the price form the data base to the page, there is no ecart formatting happening on it:

php:
<?php echo $row_rspricetable['price']; ?>

if you want ot use the dcart object settings to format this price us:

php:
<?php echo WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($name$row_rspricetable['price']); ?>

Roxana

Problem solved

Thank you, Jason. Thanks to you I noticed, that products without version and size option didn't display any currency symbol at all. Your code fixed that.

Oddly though, for all other products the currency symbols still sticked right to the price. I found another line of code, that set the currency symbol and just added a space behind the € there.

document.getElementById('pricelabel').innerHTML=' € '+priceset;

Now everything works. Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...