close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Godaddy servers no longer compatible with Universal Mail Form

Thread began 2/15/2011 4:52 pm by dannymoore0141299 | Last modified 2/07/2014 8:50 am by Jason Byrnes | 12078 views | 31 replies |

dannymoore0141299

Godaddy servers no longer compatible with Universal Mail Form

Godaddy just made changes on their hosting servers and after using Universal Mail Form for over a year, now is not letting mail send function work. This will affect many people. I have over 25 clients using this form and it just stopped working.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What changes have they made to their hosting that are causing this issue?

If you could provide some details on the nature of the issue,we can likely find a work around.

What are the email settings you are using in Universal Email.

the SMTP Server for go daddy should be set to:
relay-hosting.secureserver.net

and the port should be:

make sure that you are using a valid From Address and that it is the same as your hosting domain

dannymoore0141299

Godaddy Servers

For the past year I just left your settings set as they were with no problem. Since the problem came up I have tried several server settings including the one you just recommended but still no success. Godaddy's support didn't help much, all they did was recommend using their own email form which I do not like at all. They didn't really explain what they changed but that they did make a change recently. I have tried other Email Form scripts that were totally different which were working earlier for years and now they don't work either. I submitted a trouble ticket to Godaddy but haven't heard from them.
*Where do you change the port number in Universal Mail, I can't find it.
DM

dannymoore0141299

Universal Form Mail, Godaddy

Ok, Godaddy came back and all they said was to use the "relay-hosting.secureserver.net" but I've already tried that with no luck. I am putting that setting in the WA_Globals.php file under $WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "" ; , is this the correct place? If so, I don't know what else to do.

DM

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

WA_Globals.php file  

OK, so you are using the Contact Form solution pack then? this detail makes a bit of a difference.

in the WA_UniversalEmail/mail_PHP.php file, find the following line:

php:
$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader);

and change it to:

php:
$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader,"-f<youremail@yourdomain.com>");

where <youremail@yourdomain.com> is a valid email address for your domain

if ti is still not working, edit the WA_UniversalEail/
WAUE_contact_1.php file, change:

php:
$MailFrom        = "".((isset($_POST["Email_address"]))?$_POST["Email_address"]:"")  ."";

to:

php:
$MailFrom        = "<youremail@yourdomain.com>";

dannymoore0141299

Godaddy Servers

Thanks, I tried what you said but nothing is working. Here's what I have in the WA_Global.php file:

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Width = "200" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Height = "40" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Characters = "5" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Font = "Fonts/MOM_T___.TTF" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG = "ffffff" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Noise = "cccccc" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Text = "000000" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG_transparent = "0" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Email_Server = "relay-hosting.secureserver.net " ;
$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_Subject = "Cinnabear Franchise Info" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_To = "dmoore@dmnetsolutions.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Contact_Email_BCC = "" ;
?>

dannymoore0141299

Godaddy Servers

I was told from Godaddy, that the form was not "capturing" the email address in the form. A security thing I guess. So far the only success I've had is using a generic form and having it post to Godaddy's "webformmailer.php" script. When I use this and recieve the email, in the "from" section in the email it say's "From: formailer@secureserver.net" . but this wont work with your Universal Form.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

dsnoyes418343

I have a new client that's using GoDaddy and I was just about to set up a form for them using Universal Email and Captcha - it would be most helpful if you left this thread on going so we could see what the result was.

dannymoore0141299

Godaddy Servers

I would like to thank the support team of Webassist for putting forth an excellent effort in resolving the issue I had with the Godaddy issue and the Universal Email system. They resolved the issue and in my opinion would highly recommend the services of Webassist.
Thank you,
DM

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...