close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Use of Facebook Share disables Facebook Like

Thread began 2/10/2011 5:02 pm by holt3937911 | Last modified 2/18/2011 12:04 pm by bill1229374231 | 2866 views | 8 replies |

holt3937911

Use of Facebook Share disables Facebook Like

I added a Facebook Like to the bottom of my page (its after the Terms and Condition link at the very bottom of the page using the link below).....but when I add a Facebook Share control to the top of the page (which is shown using the link below) ...the Like control at the bottom of the page is no longer shown on my page. Any reason why I can use both.

www.pvtour.com

If I remove the Share controls from the top of the page....the Facebook Like control works again.

Sign in to reply to this post

holt3937911

Example of Like Working with no Share Controls

Here is an example of the Like working (at the very bottom of the page)...when no Share control is on the page.

PicassoVideoServices.html

regin.toftegaard421288

I have the exact same problem. If I put share on the site the like button disappears...

holt3937911

Anyone on the WebAssist team have any suggestions or could a formal problem ticket be opened?

neilo

I have been having the same problem. I don't know how kosher this is, but I made mine work:

Find your FaceBook 'Like' block in code view:

<div class="wasocial_facebook_like">
<script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script>
<fb:like href="http://www.yeractual.com/like.php" layout="standard" show_faces="false" width="450" action="like" font="arial" colorscheme="light"></fb:like>

Cut and paste the second line ( <script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script> ) in to the head area of your page. For good measure (but not entirely necessary, I have found) add type="text/javascript" to the javascript line, i.e:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script>
</head>

You would of course paste your own line.

That should make both appear on your page.

Dani Chankhour

Thanks neilo.

The work around that neilo gave is working for me as well.

I will look into the issue more to see if there is a comparability issue between using the two buttons. I know facebook recommends using the Facebook like button instead of the Share button since the Like button is newer.

holt3937911

Bravo! This worked for me too!!

Thanks Neilo!!!!

Dani Chankhour

Great.

I have logged a bug in our bug base to further look into the issue.

bill1229374231

social network bugs and fixes

I just used your tweak of adding the all.js link up at top in the header and it also allows two instances of facebook apps. What is funny is that this link to the all.js file is in place inside of the webassist folder but guess it has to be directly on the page. Without it when you try to install a second app that uses facebook you get a message telling you that you can not add a second app. Not sure where that comes from.
As I think I sent support, this set of applications and icons seems not to have been tested very thoroughly before marketing it. Some of these bugs are obvious and should not be found out after buying the product...makes me shy to buy in the future

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...