close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Add to cart problems

Thread began 6/26/2009 7:28 am by kujawa261080 | Last modified 6/29/2009 9:00 am by Ray Borduin | 1816 views | 3 replies |

kujawa261080

Add to cart problems

I am sure this has a simple solution - I just don't know what it is!!

Dreamweaver CS3, E-cart 4.5.0, PHP - have no clue

I have a test page in the root directory of my site that I have been using to learn and setup e-cart. Everything about my testing so far has been working perfectly. Taxes, shipping, add to cart - it all works like a dream.

Yesterday I tried to expand this success to the rest of my site and started replacing my old PayPal buttons with e-Cart. My bubble was burst. When I click the button to "add to cart", it takes me to the shopping cart page as it should, but it doesn't add the item to cart. I have a page that just says "shopping cart is empty".

The only difference that I know of is that my test page is in the root directory, while my normal pages are in various sub-directories.

I went back to my test page and added another "add to cart" button, and it worked fine.

My redirect is correctly set to the shopping cart - it just doesn't add it to the cart. I looked at all the things I know to look at.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Maybe try adding:

session_commit();

Before the redirect. I have seen sessions not register add to carts and this fix it.

It is really hard to say without looking at the page or the code... there are many simple mistakes you could have made as well.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

kujawa261080

Thanks, I tried that but it didn't help. I think I have solved the problem, but not in a way that I like:(

In DW, I dragged one of the pages that was not working, into my root directory. DW updated the links and then I uploaded it to my site. It worked perfectly. It added the item to the cart, calculated tax and shipping and all seems well.

So what does this mean? Do all the pages with e-cart buttons have to be in the root directory - or - Do all the pages with e-cart buttons have to be in the same directory of the Shopping Cart (which currently is in my root directory)? or is it something else???

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It has to be something else, since this is not a limitation in the eCart.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...