close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Create a form that allows image uploads

Thread began 2/05/2011 1:02 pm by uzooka388455 | Last modified 3/07/2011 11:39 am by Jason Byrnes | 5248 views | 9 replies |

uzooka388455

Create a form that allows image uploads

I'm trying to design an application form that allows image uploads. Is that possible? The form contents need to go to a database and an email address. Can that be done with CSS Form Builder alone or with another extension? How can i get that done?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

CSS Form builder 2 will allow you to Upload images and send the form contents in a n email

To add file upload, in the initial form builder wizard, click the pencil next to the form type to edit the form contents.

In the next window, select the Fireldset group you would like the file upload field to be a part of, or click the plus button to create a new fieldset group.

Select the croup and click the pencil icon to edit the group contents.

Add a new line for the file upload element, the select the new element that is added to the set and change the type to file.

To edit the file upload settings, click the pencil icon nxt to the type. This will allow you to set the upload location and other upload attributes.

Back on the main CSS Form Builder interface, click on the Form Function tab to set it to send the form contents in an email.

the feature tour on the video tab of the form builder Support page will walk through these steps in more detail:
css-form-builder/

you may also want to look through the Getting started guide.

For storing the form contents and uploaded file names into your database, you will need to use the Data Assist Insert record behavior. For the form contents, click the lightning bolt and select the the form element form the forms collection in the dynamic data binding window. For the uploaded file name, select the WA Uploaded Files -> Server File Name dynamic binding.

uzooka388455

Show uploaded image

Thanks. But is there any way to resize and show a preview of the uploaded image. How does the image attach to the email. Is it included in the content or is it sent as an attachment?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You can set resizing options in the image upload settings.

You wont be able to show a preview of the picture, that would only be able to happen after the image is uploaded.

In the email settings, you will need to configure the attachment options to have the image attached to the email.

Select the Entered value option, then click the lightning bolt and select the WA Uploaded Files -> Server directory binding. copy the code that this produces then click the lightning bolt again, and select he WA Uploaded Files -> Server File Name. after this binding is added, paste the server directory code in front of it.

pete

Edit greyed out

Hi Jason,
You write:
"To edit the file upload settings, click the pencil icon nxt to the type. This will allow you to set the upload location and other upload attributes."

The pencil icon next to the type, 'File', is greyed out. I have Data Assist installed and activated as part of my SuperSuite. Have I missed a step?

Thx,
Pete

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is the file extension of the page you are applying the Form to? You will only have the option to configure file settings if your form is on a PHP page.

Can you send a screen showing the issue.

pete

It's a .php page - called links3.php. I've attached a shot of the greyed-out pencil icon.

Thx,
Pete

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of Form builder is this? It looks like Form Builder 1?

Form Builder 1 does not allow for setting upload settings in the wizard, you need to apply the File Upload settings to the page after the form is created.

pete

Ah, I see the problem now... I was going by my Downloads Page, not my Upgrade Page. I'll upgrade and all should be well.

Thanks,
Pete

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...