close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Sandbox Toggle Setting - Specific Procedure requested.

Thread began 2/03/2011 11:57 pm by johnblanda421384 | Last modified 2/04/2011 12:02 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1631 views | 3 replies |

johnblanda421384

Sandbox Toggle Setting - Specific Procedure requested.

I am using the latest version of eCart and am working to integrate the cart with paypal express checkout. I know to rerun the checkout wizard to change my user name/id to the sandbox user account credentials.

I understand there is a binding parameter or a form value to change the processing from production paypal to the sandbox.

I have looked everywhere I could find. In form hidden patameters and server bindings from every page i can think of.

Can someone please help me by telling me ..

Exactly and specifically (grammer) where do I go (page or page binding parameter) and what value do I change to toggle the eCart from production to the sandbox?

I cant find the documentation or directions that specifically outlines the procedure to make this change.

Thank you for your time in responding in responding.

John.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Paypal Express uses 3 server behaviors to communicate with payapl:
1) On the Checkout Page - Authentication For paypal Express Checkout
2) On the pp_confirm page - Get payer Profile from Paypal Express
3) On the pp_confirm page - Process transaction with paypal express checkout

you will need to edit each of these three server behaviors to change the API Information and the Sand box setting.

johnblanda421384

New Error - Request for call to support situation below

To Jason or followup on yesterday testing server setup

After going into the server behaviors and attempting to change the sandbox option checkbox, i am forced to add additional information for a password and signature and it lost my checkout pages. after entering these pages and saving all with the 'use sandbox for testing' option, i now get 'Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\htdocs\WA_eCart\PP_ECO_Scripts\PP_ECO_PHP.php on line 532' errors.

So, I delete all my pages and start over to use the checkout wizard because it appears that modifying anything after that causes errors.

I have been at this for two weeks now and I beleive I understand the checkout wizard and how to set it up for express checkout (i think), however, i cannot locate any procedure for toggling from production to sandbox without having the behvaors default to WSPRO and require the reentering of the return, cancel pages, and reentering the api information for password and signature.

Is it possible to talk ten minutes and be on the phone as I go through the checkout wizard and then be instructed on changing the option to sandbox and confirming that it takes without causing errors.

This is becoming extremely frustrating printing out every instruction, following them as best as possible only to get errors and not be able to confirm the procedure because the section

' Choose the API Credentials link.
In the Sandbox Test Accounts with API Signatures window, take note of the API Username, API Password, and Signature.
NOTE: These API credentials will be asked of you in different locations depending on the WebAssist
product you are using. For PowerStore 3 users, you will have the opportunity to enter this information from
within the Installation Wizard or Settings panel. eCart users can enter these details from within the Checkout
Wizard.'

and

'Depending on what you selected, and payment gateway you are using, the next few steps may be different. Proceed through the wizard, choosing the options for your payment gateway.

NOTE:You will have the opportunity to include a PayPal Express Checkout button on your checkout page. This button provides an additional option for your customers to make purchases on your website, but is not required.'

and

to paraphrase from somewhere ... go into server behaviors after running the checkout wizard and go to local check option and select 'use sandbox'.

when i do this it requires reentering the return and canceling pages, setting to WSPRO, entering the password and signature pages, and generates new errors. the only thing i can do at this point without assistance is to start over and try again assuming i am missing something in the procedure.

Please contact me as soon as possible or email me to setup a time to go through this wizard process and toggling to the sandbox option or direct me to a specific procedure that allow me to do same without generating all new field reuirements and causing errors.

thank you,

John johnblanda@yahoo.com 609-238-5127.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that error message means that cURL is not enabled in the PHP.ini settings, it will need to be enabled in the php.ini on the server.

see the following page for details on enabling cURL in xamp.
enable-curl-with-xampp-on-windows-xp.html

when editing the server behaviors, are you editing them or adding new ones.

to edit the server behavior, go to Window -> Server Behaviors.

locate the server behavior in the list and double click.

when you double click the server behavior, this should be remembering the existing settings.

it sounds to me like you are clicking the plus button on the server behavior panel to add a new instance of the server behavior rather than to edit the existing instance.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...