close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping and Handling Charge Doubled on Checkout

Thread began 1/31/2011 3:57 am by dgwhit288523 | Last modified 2/07/2011 10:06 am by Jason Byrnes | 3462 views | 16 replies |

dgwhit288523

Shipping and Handling Charge Doubled on Checkout

On the first purchase made in the ecommerce store, the shipping and handling charges were doubled and charged to the customer's credit card.

What would cause this??

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

have you made any changes to the eCart object in power store?

In the admin section of Power Store, how do you have shipping and handling configured?

Can send a copy of the WA_eCart/WA_Store_Cart_PHP.php file.

dgwhit288523

Configuration

In the settings menu for shipping, I have the enable shipping checked, shipping rate look-up set at none, the per item shipping and additional charge =0

In the additional settings on each product, I have entered an amount for each product based on the product being packaged taken to FedX and given a cost for the actual freight plus what the client wants to add for packaging and handling. In most cases 13.95 total which is the amount put in for the product which the customer purchased. It doubled this amount.

I am going to make a purchase myself and see what happens and will report back.

I have not made any changes the the php file which is attached per your request.

Attached Files
cart.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

whatever you add for packaging on the product level will be added to the shipping cost time quantity.

It would make sense that the shipping where doubled if the customer ordered 2 of the item.

the product level shipping is figured for each item in the cart.

dgwhit288523

Just tested

I just purchased another pillow. Only one. PayPal was billed correctly for the one pillow and shipping charges.

I re-checked the amount billed the customer on the first order and that was also correct, but the customer called because the email that came back to him from yourorder@therugrack.com showed the shipping and handling doubled. Only one pillow was purchased.

The issue is within the program. The email that comes back from yourorder@therugrack.com has the shipping and handling doubled. It also shows doubled in the order detail in the Store Manager.

dgwhit288523

Attached Snap Shots

Attached are jpegs of the confirmation from Pay Pal which is correct, snapshot of the yourorder@therugrack.com that show the shipping and handling doubled, snapshot of the additional settings for the product and the store email settings. I hope this will help.

Attached Files
details.zip

dgwhit288523

Just Tested Again Purchasing Different Item

I just purchased a different item and the process and returned email, etc. were all the same.

I haven't a clue why this is happening as I have not made any changes to any of the php files other than the ones I have made per my other posts at your instructions.

The two coding changes that I made because of the SSL certificate so the cancel and return would go back to the website and the success (both work)

Hopefully by looking at the jpegs of the process and the settings for store email and additional details on the product, you will know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Don

dgwhit288523

Shipping Settings

Per an earlier thread when I inquired as to why the shipping and handling charges were not being picked up, you advised to check the box enable shipping and set the lookup to none to make this work. As you will see in the snapshot I sent you, this is the configuration used.

I left both the Per-item Shipping and the Additional Charge at 0. Should either or both of these be set to 1?

As mentioned earlier, we are not using the carrier lookup to add freight. The freight and handling are combined and entered in the Additional Info tab for each product. I also sent you a snapshot of that.

Just trying to think of what is causing this issue.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is very strange, I cannot say what is causing it.

What PayPal system are you using? PayPal Direct Payments? Express Checkout? or Payments Standard?

dgwhit288523

PayPal Standard

I am using PayPal Standard and as I mentioned above, the correct amount for shipping and handling is billed to the customer through PayPal.

The issue is with the email that is generated by Power Store going back to the customer which as you can see from the snapshot shows double freight charges.

When you check the shipping configuration box and then set it to none in order to pick up the shipping and handling charges as you instructed me to do, does this override anything that might be entered into any of the carrier choices like account info, etc? In an effort to troubleshoot this, I checked to see if any info had been left in any of the carrier info and found that some data had been left in the FedX input for account info. I removed that, but have not re-purchased anything again to see if that was the issue. I have to assume if the shipping is set to none, this would not be the issue.

We also had no issue going back into the actual PayPal account and canceling the order as you can do within 45 minutes of the time order is placed. That also worked fine on their end and the full amount was refunded and credited back to the credit card.

This is driving me nuts and obviously has to be fixed as the first actual customer immediately called when she saw the confirmation email with the double freight charges.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...