close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Form Builder 2 Email Problem

Thread began 1/30/2011 7:10 pm by light_ndubuizu407087 | Last modified 2/18/2011 7:25 am by Jason Byrnes | 2931 views | 9 replies |

light_ndubuizu407087

CSS Form Builder 2 Email Problem

Hello,

I have a problem with using CSS Form Builder.

1. I want site visitors to fill certain form on my website. When completed and sent i want them to see a confirmation. I want a confirmation email sent to them, and another sent to me. How do i get that done?

2. I tried fiddling about with the extension to see if i could get it to work on my own. But i couldnt. I use Godaddy Hosting. (windows server). I'm not sure what mail object to use. I tried calling Godaddy Customer care, and they done seem to know what PEAR mail is! How do i get the emails to send? Does the email function (Universal Email) only work on Linux Servers? If it does, then i'm doomed? Any help?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sending emails through a GoDaddy hosted site is problematic at best.
Over the years, hear is the info I have been able to gather For GoDaddy:

1) The do not support the php mail() function on Windows hosted servers, only on Linux hosting plans - They are pretty good about changing your hosting plan over if you ask them

2) You will need to configure the linux server to use PHP 5 - They will help with this if you ask.

3) The smtp server to use is:
relay-hosting.secureserver.net

on port 25

4) They use a non standard implementation of Pear Mail that does not work in Universal Email.

light_ndubuizu407087

Ok, when i get that set, how do i get the contents of the form sent in the email?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in universal email, select the option to create a file for the email and select one ot the templates form the list. the information form the form will be added to the email message automatically.

light_ndubuizu407087

Ok. Godday has something on the control panel that i called a Form Mailer. From their explanation, it is an "ASP form-mailer script that you can use to create an e-mail form on your Web site." Can that work with Universal Email, though my forms are created on a PHP page?
Thanks for the help Jason

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, that would be used in place of Universal Email if you wanted to use that.

light_ndubuizu407087

I have changed my server OS to Linux, Jason. So how do i configure the form send a confirmation email, thanking the form filler (visitor) for filling the form and another to the admin email, detailing the contents of the filled form?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the css form builder, click on the form actions tab to set up the email component.

Check the Send Form Contents in an email option.

Set the from address, click the lightning bolt next to To address and select the email form element.

click the pencil icon to edit the advanced settings, In the advanced editor clic kthe envelope icon and set the smtp server to relay-hosting.secureserver.net

set the port to 25

light_ndubuizu407087

Still dont understand.

You said i should fill only the To address field? Then how do i get my own confirmation? Let me clarify myself,
1. I want the visitor to get an email confirmation showing the contents of his/her mail (understood!)
2. I want to get another email sent to the admin mail, showing that someone has filled the form.
3. I want the visitor to get a popup message thanking stating that the form has been sent.

Thanks (really appreciate it!).

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you dont fill only the to address, a from address is needed as well, the from address should be a valid email address for your domain.

to send the email to your self as well the person who filled in the form, add 2 to email addresses, for the first one, click the lightning bolt and select the the email address form element.

for the second one, enter your email address.

to redirect to the thank you page, set the Go To page option to go to the thank you page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...