close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to change the currency of my country

Thread began 1/26/2011 4:30 am by yoyo_es397386 | Last modified 1/31/2011 7:24 am by Jason Byrnes | 3799 views | 10 replies |

yoyo_es397386

How to change the currency of my country

Hola buenas alguien me puede decir como cambio el signo de $ por el € desde la base de datos o del código fuente de PowerStore4.

Hello good as anyone can tell me change the sign of $ for € from the database or source code
PowerStore4

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power store 4 does not support other currencies.

neilo

But other currencies have supported PowerStore 4. :(

---------------------------------------------------

Hola Yoyo,

Cambié $ a £, tan si quiere enviarme un mensaje, (haga clic en mi nombre) yo enviaré instrucciones.

yoyo_es397386

Buenas de nuevo ya tengo todo pasado a € euros solo que me fijado en otro problema que veo es con las taxas no me la aplica cuando tengo puesto 18 de tasas alguien sabe como solucionar este problema y que me calcule en euros.

Good again and I have everything just happened to EUR € I noticed another problem I see is with the taxa not apply to me when I have put 18 fee anyone knows how to solve this problem and I calculated in euros.

Originally Said By: neilo
  But other currencies have supported PowerStore 4. :(

---------------------------------------------------

Hola Yoyo,

Cambié $ a £, tan si quiere enviarme un mensaje, (haga clic en mi nombre) yo enviaré instrucciones.  

esmsBeta Tester

The Sys Specs state PS4 isn't supported:

Q: Does PowerStore 4 work with non-US currencies?

A: PowerStore is not configured to support stores outside of the United States. Custom changes to the currency symbols that are displayed throughout the store will need to be made if you wish to use this system in another country.

These changes are not supported by WebAssist staff and should only be performed by someone familiar with code and comfortable with making these modifications.

Hopefully, PS5 will allow this.

neilo

Hi Esms,

From what I can see, there is no mention of this in the Sytem Requirements, overview or feature list. What you have shown is an extract from the FAQ. which, in my experience, is what you refer to when you are looking for an answer to a particular problem after the fact (of purchase). As I would expect multiple currencies to be an integral and supported part of any eCommerce solution - both locically and as a matter of courtesy to international customers, - its ommission confounds me.

I find it particularly odd - given that the feature has been both requested and the subject of discussion in the past - that the engineers have again decided not to implement it. There can be little doubt that it must have been mooted in any planning meeting, and a decision made that they just couldn't be arsed to see it through on behalf of the non-dollar customer.

My previous point was that as International customers support WebAssist, it would be nice if WebAssist were to reciprocate by considering and supporting them.

esmsBeta Tester

Hi Neilo,

Yes - you're correct - it was in actual fact from FAQ.

In another thread, I asked how long PS5 would be in the making and Ray B replied 12 - 18 months.

showthread.php?t=16174

So, not for some considerable time then !!

neilo

Cheers esms,

Seems like a ridiculously long wait for fundamental functionality.

From the Overview:

An Online Store Ready to Go

PowerStore is a complete pre-built eCommerce website. In other words, we've built the entire store for you allowing anyone to set up and start an eCommerce website without coding or database experience. Simply upload to your server and run the Installation Wizard - you'll be selling online in no time at all.  

To bury the currency limitation in the FAQ is an odd decision.

I didn't have too much trouble making the conversion to GBP (here) but it is a bit time consuming to make the alterations.

If anyone wants a PDF of the lines that need changing, then mail me and I will send it.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We are currently working on an update to power store 4 that will support other currencies.

right now, we do not have that built is, but the next power store release will offer that.

I cannot say when it will be available, to many things could change to effect that date, it should be fairly soon, but dont hold me to that.

neilo

That's really good news, many thanks for that.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...