close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Edit button shows up on pages (HELP!)

Thread began 1/24/2011 12:40 pm by sales189614 | Last modified 1/25/2011 2:36 pm by sales189614 | 1948 views | 8 replies |

sales189614

Edit button shows up on pages (HELP!)

So I just purchased the latest version of PowerCMS 2 last night and got it all installed and everything is working smoothly (so far), BUT now it looks like there is a new feature, which is great, new features are usually a good thing, but my client does not want an edit button and to have the editable content area on his site be highlighted with blue when placing your mouse anywhere over it on all of his pages for the world to see.

So I guess my question is, is there a way to remove this so that there is not an edit button and highlighted area on the pages on the user end? If so, please let me know how so I can get it taken care of and get the pages into the cms so my client can start using it. I am not going to do the rest of the pages until this is gone.

Please see the attached screenshot to see exactly what I am talking about.

And it would be nice if WebAssist started having free online support via the ticket system instead of charging an arm and a leg for it instead of only via the forums. Every time I need support and have to come here, it takes literally forever to get an answer from anyone, which is ridiculous. If I need support for something I purchased, I should be able to open a ticket for free instead of having to get support via a forum. What a joke.

I will sit back and "pray" for a quick response.

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the edit icon will only show if you are logged in, it does not show to anybody else viewing the site unless they are logged in to the PowerCMS Supper Admin account.

if you want to get rid of it altogether, just change the last parameter of the developer notes from false to true.

For example, my developer notes look like:

php:
<?php
include('/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/pcms2_02/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo 
WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection$PowerCMSConnection'my new content''mid'false);
?>

by changing the false at the end to true, it hides the edit icon:

php:
<?php
include('/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/pcms2_02/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo 
WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection$PowerCMSConnection'my new content''mid'true);
?>

sales189614

Thank you. And if I want to change it so that it will always display true when you click on developer notes in the admin, where could I edit it so that it would always display true for the code so my client doesn't have to remember to change it in the code, like what page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the admin/pages.php file, change the following code:

php:
<?php    echo htmlspecialchars("<?php\ninclude('" .  $abs_prefix "WA_CMS/addtosite.php');\necho WA_getCMSContent(\$database_PowerCMSConnection, \$PowerCMSConnection, '@@content-group@@', '@@content-ref@@', false@@order@@);\n?>"); ?>

to:

php:
<?php    echo htmlspecialchars("<?php\ninclude('" .  $abs_prefix "WA_CMS/addtosite.php');\necho WA_getCMSContent(\$database_PowerCMSConnection, \$PowerCMSConnection, '@@content-group@@', '@@content-ref@@', true@@order@@);\n?>"); ?>

sales189614

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

sales189614

Hey Jason, one more thing, sorry. If I add a gallery to a page in the editor from PowerGallery, PowerCMS does not save the coding when saving it. When I go back in and look at the coding, the code I put in for the gallery is gone. I put in it in the source cause I can't find a button to add coding. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the power gallery add to cart page, there is a section of code for Power Store, use this code.

then apply the database base integration update available on the power gallery support page.

sales189614

That worked, thank you very much! Now I just need to fix the stylesheet problem, I started a new thread for it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...