close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Elevator menu on right of products page not working

Thread began 1/22/2011 2:10 pm by kim420431 | Last modified 1/25/2011 3:52 pm by neilo | 2781 views | 11 replies |

kim420431

Elevator menu on right of products page not working

I just noticed working through the operations of my PS4 site that the links in the elevator menu on the right of the products page doesn't do anything. The products link from the menu bar at the top work appropriately but the menu at the right does nothing. I get a hand when hovering over them as though there's a link there but on clicking it doesn't do anything. Need to get this fixed. Any ideas what could be wrong??

Sign in to reply to this post

kim420431

Correction

Guess I'm having a bit of a problem telling left from right!! I meant the elevator menu on the left of the page. Sorry!

neilo

Hiya Kim,

Please could you post a link to a page that will show the error? It may be easier for someone to diagnose the problem.

kim420431

link to page

Sorry. Should have done that in the post and wasn't thinking!

shop.dreamlight-studio.com

Just navigate to the products page from the menu entry. The menu widget on the left doesn't link to anything. I can't even right click on it and get a context menu that allows me to open in a new browser window.

neilo

Hiya Kim,

I don't know the correct answer to this, but the WA Techs will be in tomorrow.

The accordion categories aren't actual html links, they are javascript 'on click' events which effectively query the product information in your database, and return the correct products to your page. As such, you will not get the right-click menu that you would normally expect. The links on your store's home page are normal html <a> links.

As there is a great deal of javascript called to this page by your wibiyaToolbar, I suspect that there may be some conflict between that and the various side menu & accordion javascripts that are required for the side menu to function on the page. The mootools-1.2.js is showing an error, but i suspect this is to do with the additional scripts on the page.

Best way to troubleshoot would be to (outside of Dreamweaver, so there is no updating of links) try swapping your customised products_results.php with a clean copy from your download centre - upload that and check that the menu works as it should.

kim420431

You're correct.

Neilo

I commented out the code on my details page for Wibiya and the accordion menu panel is working. I'm assuming that there's a conflict between the javascript framework you're using and that of the wibiya toolbar. How do I resolve this conflict? I really want to use the toolbar on my pages because it makes it easy for others to like the detail pages and share info to social media sites. There's got to be a way around this. It took me quite a bit of time figuring out where I needed to put the javascript calls for the wibiya toolbar. I hate having to strip it out of the pages that use the accordion menu. There's got to be an answer to this.

neilo

Perhaps someone with a good knowledge of javascript might be able to help. If not, Add This can do all the liking you need, and may not cause the problems you're experiencing.

kim420431

Just wondering

Just wondering if this fell through the cracks. Opened up last weekend. Does anyone have a workaround for this? I'd really like to use the Wibiya toolbar on the details page and the product results page but it definitely appears that there's a conflict between the javascript running in PS4 and the Wibiya toolbar.

I haven't heard a thing from anyone since neilo responded this weekend.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there is no work around for this.

the Wibiya toolbar is not supported in power store.

kim420431

Any suggestions?

Jason,

Do you have any suggestions for what would work as an alternative providing the same functionality? This thread goes way back to the beginning of my working with PS4 and no one at the time told me the toolbar didn't work with PS4. In fact, I was giving information on which pages I would need to insert it to make it work across the site. Will the toolbar Neilo suggested work or is that not supported either? Is any toolbar supported?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...