close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email Address Verification - Order Placement and Constant Contact

Thread began 1/17/2011 9:34 am by dgwhit288523 | Last modified 2/02/2011 10:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 4343 views | 16 replies |

dgwhit288523

Email Address Verification - Order Placement and Constant Contact

In an earlier thread I have posted a request for the exact code necessary and on what pages to require that the user verify his email address. (Just like the set up in the registration solution pack).

Ray indicates in that string, that this was removed from Power Store 4 release because it was "not necessary" for a user to do this. (I understand it was in Power Store 3, but I don't have this version to look at) It still shows "not verified" on the detail page of Power Store 4.

I would like to have this function for two reasons.

1. When the user actually places his order by logging in, the email address being shown on that page must be correct for follow-up and and confirmation of purchase, etc.

2. I have created a query to create a report pulled from the database that my client will use for sending out email blasts using Constant Contact. (exporting a CSV file with all the email addresses) and importing them into this program. For those who have used this program, you know that email addresses are verified and bogus addresses eliminated.

The info that Ray has posted is too general for me to accomplish this. I would appreciate you giving me the exact code necessary and where to place it on the profile page as well as the validation/registration email php pages or any others where required.

Thank you for your help on this.

Sign in to reply to this post

kim420431

Have to second this request

I think the logic in removing something that was there to begin with is flawed. As pointed out, it's very important to have verifiable email addresses to a store merchant. In nearly all serious web sites utilizing merchant services this is a given and even professional sites where you are downloading code or interacting with forums, all sites demand verification of the email address to discern that the user registering is in fact at that mail address. We are talking about transacting exchanges based on sales. Why wouldn't a site owner want to mandate verification. Truthfully, I was under the impression this function was built in to PS4 because there is still a lot of information on the Webassist site that refers to PS3 indirectly and leads one to believe it's built into PS4. In this case I somehow have the idea having read through all the information and watching the videos that this was built in.

I second the motion. I'd like to see this reasserted into PS4 and am interested in specifically what code is required to make it function the way it was originally built to function. The fields are in the database. I was the one that originally opened this discussion and have sense moved on to other areas where I'm struggling with the code design but I think this needs to be addressed in the next micro release or minor update. Hopefully, PS4 is a reasonably new product and getting a few minor updates going will solve some of these problems.

~Kim

dgwhit288523

Second Request For Email Verification Coding

I realize that this request may not be one that is of primary interest or a priority for you in view of the fact that you have elected to remove the email verification from Power Store 4.

I, however, would like to add this function back in for reasons mentioned above.

I do not have the expertise to re-code the appropriate pages to accomplish this and am requesting that you give me the exact code necessary for each page.

I have included a custom report generator in this solution pack as well as the registration pack that I am using, which is linked to the Store Manager home.php page so that my customer can generate a choice of PDF, XML and CSV files from which to upload verified email addresses to Constant Contact, a service they use for email blasts.

An example of this type of report can be viewed at: MailingList.php

The main site, which is finished with the exception of adding categories and product can be viewed at: ecommerce/

All that I lack except for the latter, is to add this functionality to the site. It is probable that others would like to have this knowledge as well.

Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It looks like you should be able to edit the WA_UniversalEmail/Email_Templates/Registration.php page and add the following code to include the link to the users confirm page:

php:
<?php echo($WAGLOBAL_Root_URL); ?>users_confirm.php?ID=<?php echo($row_WAATKusers['UserID']); ?>&code=<?php echo($_SESSION['randomConfirm']); ?>

everything else looks to be in place.

dgwhit288523

I will give this a try

I will give this a try, Jason, but I think there are other pages that require some additional coding. In the Power Store email settings, you are limited to the settings for registration only and there is no way to input the settings for email address verification. (to, from, cc and all)

I have taken a look at every page that I can find where I might enter this info, but cannot find one where I can add the above.

I have spent hours trying in trial and error to configure these pages to make it work, but as yet, have not find a way to do this.

All I want to do is to have the registration email that is sent back to the registrant to have a link where they can click on and verify the email address. I have placed the code that should verify this and when the registrant clicks on the link, it refers the user to a page where it says " thanks for verfiying your email address, please log-in . . . but the email address remains "no" in the user detail page in Store Manager and the database.

dgwhit288523

Following Your Instructions

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your help. There is still a missing piece of the puzzle. Adding the code, as you have instructed, does send an email with a link to verify the email address. Once the link is clicked on, it sends the user to the users_confirm.php page on the site where it says "thank you for verifying your email address, please log-in".

The email address still shows not verified in the database and on the users information data in the Store Manager users page.

Attached is a zip file with snap shots of the email sent, users_comfirm page and the users_profile.php, registration.php and verification.php pages.

I tried adding the coding that Ray suggested in the other post on these pages, but that did not work, so I removed the code from the users_profile.php page. I would like to have a verify button on that page as it is on the registration soultion pack to remind the user to verify the email, if this has not been done.

I would appreciate you looking at the coding and letting me know what needs to be done to make this work.

Thanks,

Don

Attached Files
verification_files.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try changing the link code to:

php:
<?php echo($WAGLOBAL_Root_URL); ?>users_Confirm.php?ID=<?php echo(mysql_insert_id()); ?>&code=<?php echo($_SESSION['randomConfirm']); ?>

for the verify button on the profile page, you need to add this code:

php:
<form name="form1" method="post"  action="">

<input name="verify_button" type="submit" id="verify_button" value="Verify">
      </form>

dgwhit288523

The change in the Code Worked!

Thanks Jason,

The change in the code worked! Validating from the email sent, now updates the database to show verified!

As for the user_profile.php page, what would the complete code be in addition to the button that would only appear on the page if the email address has not been validated? This is part of the code on the user_profile.php page in the registration soulution pack. I eliminated the code that has the link to the preferred page.

<?php } // Show if recordset empty ?>
<?php if(WA_Auth_RulePasses("Email Confirmed")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
<?php } // End Show Region ?>
<?php if(!WA_Auth_RulePasses("email sent")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
<?php if(!WA_Auth_RulePasses("Email Confirmed")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
<p>Your email address has not been verified. Please verify.</p>
<form action="" method="post" name="form1" id="form1">
<input type="submit" name="verify_button" id="verify_button" value="verify" />
</form>
<?php if(WA_Auth_RulePasses("email sent")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
An email has been sent to <?php echo $row_WAATKusers['UserEmail']; ?>... Please follow the link included in that email in order to confirm this email address is valid.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

php:
<div class="contentBox">
    <?php if(WA_Auth_RulePasses("Email Confirmed")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
      <p>Your email has been verified and you can access your <a href="orders_History.php">order history</a>.</p>
      <?php // End Show Region ?>
    <?php if(!WA_Auth_RulePasses("email sent")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
    <?php if(!WA_Auth_RulePasses("Email Confirmed")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
    <div class="text">
      <p>Your email address has <strong>not</strong> been verified.<br />You will need to verify your email address before gaining access to your order history.</p>
      <form name="form1" method="post"  action="">
        <input name="verify_button" type="submit" id="verify_button" value="Verify">
      </form>
      </div>
  <?php if(WA_Auth_RulePasses("email sent")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
      An email has been sent to <strong><?php echo $row_WAATKusers['UserEmail']; ?></strong><br />Please follow the link included in that email in order to confirm this email address is valid.
      </div>

dgwhit288523

Works Perfectly!

The coding on the profile pages works perfectly! Many thanks!

One last question!

The email verification that is sent when clicking on the verify button, is sent from:

you@yourdomain.com

Since there are no settings for email verification in the settings on the Store Mangager page, is there a page/place in this package for going in and editing the above?

Not a big deal, but would be great if I could make this change.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me with this!!!

I hope that you folks will consider adding this feature back end to a new release of Power Store! After showing this site to a new client, I think/hope that I will be purchasing another license for another store.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...