close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

swf file in product description

Thread began 1/12/2011 8:44 pm by nancy268153 | Last modified 1/14/2011 9:49 am by neilo | 4419 views | 24 replies |

nancy268153

swf file in product description

I have created a slideshow with slideshow pro for lightroom.
I've uploaded to the server and I can see the slideshow when I go to the live URL. so far it's all working fine.
But when I try to put it into the product description using the "insert/edit flash" icon I get a broken result. "Slideshow data not found. Check XML file path..."

I know the swf file is working when I open the url with the browser but I can't seem to get it to work inside the product description?
Do I have to update some js code or paths in the XML somewhere or what?
I also cannot get it to work in another simple php page from the template which I have added to the site. I added the swf file to the page using insert/media/swf in Dreamweaver.??
this flash stuff is all new to me so I may be missing something fundamental.

I also have an html file which shows the slideshow. if I cannot get the embeded swf file to work can I somehow include that html file inside the description?

I'd like to be able to do this without the expense of Powergallery if possible.

really appreciate the help, anyone?
Nancy

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Nancy,

I use Slideshow Pro (and SSP Director) quite a lot in my sites, although I use the slideshow pro Photoshop plugin and slideshow pro for flash rather than LighRoom to export the images and create the xml and html file. But the principal should be the same. Either program should export the html page, the images & thumbs to specific folders, and an html page with the object code which links to the swf and the xml files.

If you could upload the working outputted html page, images folders and xml files to your server, and post a link to it here, it would be easier to say what is needed to include it in your product description page.

nancy268153

That's exactly what it does. thanks so much Neilo!
I uploaded the whole folder of stuff after making a few changes to the xml files. in each of the 2 xml files, where ever I found reference to a path, I made the path absolute by pasting in the complete http address for the referenced files.
The link to the working html file is:
https://www.nancyelizabethdesigns.com/imagesupload/cms_files/flash/hatmitt/

I have made some progress. here is an example product and how the slideshow looks in the description. it seems to just be having trouble loading the pictures.

Products_Detail.php?ProductID=34

would any of this be affect by ssl. I have just applied it and am learning how it works?
Nancy

neilo

Hiya Nancy,

My output from flash/photoshop seems to be a little different from yours, but seems to work if the paths are correct. Test item is here just to give you some hope.

I don't think there is any need to put absolute paths ssl or not, in fact I think they need to be relative to the document, as that is (as far as my example is concerned - xml path anyway) written into the actionscript inside the flash.

Not very helpful, but I do have the lightroom plugin somewhere, which I will install and then I will be able to duplicate your setup, and try for an install. When I do that (and if it is successful) then I will itemise the steps I take to make it work.

That won't be 'til later this evening, or the wee small ours though.

In fact, could you output the files again from your lightroom slideshowpro (leaving the paths just as they are created by SSP), zip the folder (html, xml, gallery/images folder(s) ) and post it here?

If it is too large to upload, then email it to me at neil (at) yeractual (dot) com.
Cheers

neilo

Just for info, for the second item, if you view the source code of the basic generated html page here

The code I took from that and entered in source view of Long Description for the new item is:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent(
'codebase', 'http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0',
'width', '320',
'height', '340',
'src', 'rySSP',
'quality', 'high',
'pluginspage', 'http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer',
'align', 'middle',
'play', 'true',
'loop', 'true',
'scale', 'showall',
'wmode', 'window',
'devicefont', 'false',
'id', 'rySSP',
'bgcolor', '#ffffff',
'name', 'rySSP',
'menu', 'true',
'allowFullScreen', 'false',
'allowScriptAccess','sameDomain',
'movie', 'rySSP',
'salign', ''
); //end AC code
</script> <noscript> &lt;object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0" width="320" height="340" id="rySSP" align="middle"&gt; &lt;param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /&gt; &lt;param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" /&gt; &lt;param name="movie" value="sspRy/rySSP.swf" /&gt;&lt;param name="quality" value="high" /&gt;&lt;param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /&gt; &lt;embed src="sspRy/rySSP.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="320" height="340" name="rySSP" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" &gt;&lt;/embed&gt; &lt;/object&gt; </noscript></p>

The somewhat large javascript block (which you will see in the head area of the page source code - too long to post here) that begins:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
//v1.7
// Flash Player Version Detection

I placed in the between the <head></head> tags of the Products_Details.php Page

The only difference between this one and the last one is that in the first one, all the files sat in the root directory, which would get messy if I were doing a slideshow for each item, so I created a folder in the root directory (sspRy) into which I placed the xml, swf files and the gallery/image folder. The path is reflected in the code I placed in the 'Long Description' source view code (param name="movie" value="sspRy/rySSP.swf") and (embed src="sspRy/rySSP.swf")

Cheers for now

neilo

OK,

All of the above examples will disappear for a bit, as I am redoing it for Lightroom.

Back later!

nancy268153

Wow Neilo,
You are so kind. I will pay-it-forward as soon as I am able.
Please forgive me for being so slow to get with you on this. after staying up all night working on it I'm a little behind today.
I'll get back to you ASAP with the upload and try looking at your code.
And thanks so very much for helping me

nancy268153

sending the zip of the files exactly the way they are exported from Lightroom to your email. it's too big to upload - over 6 MB
Hope this helps. :)
Nancy

neilo

No worries, I just like interfering in everyone else's business.

Forget all of the above, I have redone it with LightRoom. Example Here

Will detail my method a little later on (dinner, snooze), and offer suggestions for your own code.

In the mean time, don't send me anything as I have what I need (can't believe I haven't used the LightRoom plugin before - excellent) - but could you create a new folder in your site root called (say) lr_galleries and upload your newly exported folder into that?

Later,

Edit: - crossed posts! Will use your files for second item later on! - Will make it easier for path names etc.

nancy268153

New folder created and files uploaded. path is testshow/
take a nap;) I think i will.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...