close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Users Billing & Shipping Addresses

Thread began 6/23/2009 6:01 am by Kevin373660 | Last modified 6/23/2009 8:43 am by Kevin373660 | 1933 views | 4 replies |

Kevin373660

Users Billing & Shipping Addresses

Q1. I am using: MySQL, InnoDB engine, UPS shipping, with local payment processing. In example tables that I have looked at, the User tbl contains only Billing Address fields. Before I create the eCart dynamic shopping cart, should I create a separate table for User_Addresses with a second Address_Type table to indicate Billing or Shipping? This would allow a user to have both Billing and Shipping addresses stored as separate records in the User_Address table. Or am I missing a piece of the puzzle? I collect the users shipping address upon signup in my case. Other posts indicate that both are accessed and recorded/inserted during the creation of the eCart process.

Q2. When setting up a drop down list for States, how do I allow a user to input a value appropriate to their country (ex. UK-Wiltshire) if it is not in my db table? I think that you can do that in DW but I have not found an answer to this common/potential scenario.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The shipping information is stored in the Orders table with each order. You can join in that table using the userID to get all shipping addresses used for any orders associated with that user.

We don't use a DB table for the list of states I don't think. You could just update the list to have the values you want to use in DW. If it does come from the DB you could just add it to the DB.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Kevin373660

Ok, I think that I have the logic. That would allow: 1) user to ship to multiple addresses, 2) each order would have a record of the actual shippin address related to that individual order. I will add those fields to the Orders table.

Then the BillingAddress fields go in the Users table?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. Billing information is generally stored in the users table, but can also be stored in the orders table in case it is updated and you want to record the information at the time of the purchase.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Kevin373660

Thanks Ray.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...