close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Reproducible Bug

Thread began 1/12/2011 3:43 pm by keith505 | Last modified 1/13/2011 10:17 am by keith505 | 1228 views | 2 replies |

keith505

Reproducible Bug

I have discovered a reproducible bug with Validation toolkit 2.3.5 in ASP/VB. When you have two forms on a page, and one or more of the forms has a "name" tag, the extension gets confused when validating the 2nd form. It incorrectly applies the validation using the form name from the first extension.

I am sure this has something to do with the changes you had to make when PHP deprecated form[formName].

Adding a name tag to the second form clearly throws something off, see the attachment when running the extension. The first form without a name tag is displayed as forms[0]... the second one with a name tag is [ResetPasswordForm]... whenever I see this, I know that VTK will not properly apply the validation.

Any way this can get addresses?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

thank you for the details, I have logged this as a bug in our system.

to work around the issue, try removing the name from the form element before applying client validation. You can add the name back afterwords.

keith505

Thank you for your replies to my messages this morning, Jason. In regards to this issue, removing the name is exactly what I am doing to get around the issue. In a few months now,I will forget about this and wonder why my form isn't validating correctly, so if this were an easy fix for a future release, it sure would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...