close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Wizard Hangs at install_gallery/logininfo.php

Thread began 1/12/2011 7:01 am by sandy259886 | Last modified 1/13/2011 10:26 am by neilo | 4061 views | 14 replies |

sandy259886

Wizard Hangs at install_gallery/logininfo.php

I have deleted the tables in the database, reloaded a fresh copy of gallery files several times on the server. The installation wizard hangs at the same spot ... I get the database info put in and it actually does create the tables in the database, then it displays a blank page next "logininfo.php"

?? What am I doing wrong? I added the error display code and this is the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_set_charset() in /home/trader/public_html/gallery/Connections/powergallery.php on line 10

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of my sql does your host have running? It will need to be MySQL 5.2.3 or greater.

sandy259886

version 5.0.77 Hmmm... So, I can't use the gallery at all?

neilo

Hi,

I also got that error (using MySQL 5.0.51a), so deleted the lines referring to mysql_set_charset() ,

$powergallery = mysql_pconnect($hostname_powergallery,
$username_powergallery, $password_powergallery) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

at least it let me continue the installation, although I did get a few ascii characters inserted in the image descriptions, I assume it is connected.

sandy259886

Helped, but hanging at "choose gallery"

I deleted the line that refers to the character set in the connection file. Got through the install. Admin page can up and said to add a gallery in order to use adming. I tried to add gallery and nothing happened.

I added back the character set line in the connection file, and the page went blank. Took it out again ... still stuck at add a gallery.

neilo

Could you add the error display code to the top of the page that you are currently stuck on?

At some point in my install I had a problem with 'free MySql results' code at the bottom of the page in question (which I deleted in order to continue).

Please note that I am an imbecile when it comes to PHP, (it all looks as if it's in code to me), and that Jason will undoubtedly have a better solution. I only post this as a) it worked for me, and b) your gallery isn't working anyway.

sandy259886

here it is

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/trader/public_html/gallery/admin_gallery/choosegallery.php on line 59

neilo

Hi Sandy,

OK, I didn't get that error when I installed PG. What version of PowerGallery are you using, PowerGallery 121?

My 'mysql_num_rows' function comes at line 55 of my choosegallery.php page, and is part of the SELECT statement (from which it gets the number of rows in the query). The 'mysql_num_rows' error can not be caused by your version of MySql/PHP (I don't think) - as the function was around for at least PHP4. Perhaps you could try re-downloading the solution and uploading a fresh version of that page.

As I say, my PHP is dismal, but the only reason I can think of that the error is occurring is that the SELECT query isn't connecting with the database. I assume that setup has created the database OK.

I will do another setup on another (but similar) server later, and remember to make notes of any extra steps I take. I will post back if anything occurs to me.

Hiya Jason,

Just for info, the requirements as listed in the PowerGallery page are that version of MySql should be 5+ (which suggests that Sandy's and my setups should be OK!) Also step one, the requirements check, gives all green lights.

sandy259886

You are so helpful

I'll try this and see what happens.

neilo

Hiya,

Here is a full list of actions on a new install:

---------------------------------------

PowerGallery 2.1.0 Install : MySql version 5.0.51a

1. Uploaded files into folder 'Gallery' in root.
2. Followed steps up to and including DB details screen, and entered relevant info.
3 logininfo.php error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_set_charset() in /home/users/uksXXXXXX/html/xxxxxxxxx.com/gallery/Connections/powergallery.php on line 10
4. Removed offending line from Connections/powergallery.php:
mysql_set_charset('utf8',$powergallery);
5. Refreshed page, and entered Admin info, went to next step.
6. Entered nothing for watermark, clicked go to next step.
7. Left default folder (gallery/install_gallery/samples), clicked go to next step. (Processing image overlay appeared during the wait)
8. Got Installation complete! message. Clicked 'Continue to Admin'
9. Back to admin_gallery/index.php, and error message (same as before):
Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/users/uks66585/html/yeractual.com/gallery/admin_gallery/global.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/users/uksXXXXX/html/xxxxxxxxx.com/gallery/admin_gallery/global.php:37) in /home/users/uks66585/html/yeractual.com/gallery/admin_gallery/index.php on line 6
10: Removed 'mysql_free_result' block from bottom of admin_gallery/global.php:
mysql_free_result($result);
11. Refreshed admin_gallery/index.php page.

All works fine on this one too (as far as the administration pages go - I still had to faff around correcting the paths to the various css and jacascript files as usual in my chosen gallery index.php. PowerGallery seems to be particularly inept at working out what it has done with all its files).

Finished example on page (PHP 5.2.0-8, MySql 5.0.51a ) HERE

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...