Here is a full list of actions on a new install:
PowerGallery 2.1.0 Install : MySql version 5.0.51a
1. Uploaded files into folder 'Gallery' in root.
2. Followed steps up to and including DB details screen, and entered relevant info.
3 logininfo.php error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_set_charset() in /home/users/uksXXXXXX/html/xxxxxxxxx.com/gallery/Connections/powergallery.php on line 10
4. Removed offending line from Connections/powergallery.php:
5. Refreshed page, and entered Admin info, went to next step.
6. Entered nothing for watermark, clicked go to next step.
7. Left default folder (gallery/install_gallery/samples), clicked go to next step. (Processing image overlay appeared during the wait)
8. Got Installation complete! message. Clicked 'Continue to Admin'
9. Back to admin_gallery/index.php, and error message (same as before):
Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/users/uks66585/html/yeractual.com/gallery/admin_gallery/global.php on line 37
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/users/uksXXXXX/html/xxxxxxxxx.com/gallery/admin_gallery/global.php:37) in /home/users/uks66585/html/yeractual.com/gallery/admin_gallery/index.php on line 6
10: Removed 'mysql_free_result' block from bottom of admin_gallery/global.php:
11. Refreshed admin_gallery/index.php page.
All works fine on this one too (as far as the administration pages go - I still had to faff around correcting the paths to the various css and jacascript files as usual in my chosen gallery index.php. PowerGallery seems to be particularly inept at working out what it has done with all its files).
Finished example on page (PHP 5.2.0-8, MySql 5.0.51a ) HERE