close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems with registration in PS4

Thread began 1/11/2011 6:18 pm by kim420431 | Last modified 1/13/2011 3:34 pm by Ray Borduin | 5926 views | 14 replies |

kim420431

Problems with registration in PS4

While testing PS4 I've noticed that when someone registers at the site it accepts the registration and dumps them back in the profile form. That's very confusing to users, but the real problem is the fact that when you receive an acknowledgement from PS4 in email with a link to log into your profile it constantly takes you back to a non-existant page forcing a 404 page not found error.

Could you please explain how I correct this? I also see the user registered from the admin account but no user is verified. I thought PS4 was supposed to send out an email to verify the email address and provide a link to clear verification and reset the field in the user account to "yes". This needs to be fixed or explained as to why neither of these things work properly. It has happened with every user that's been registered now. I haven't gotten it to work even once. Running out of time evaluating the product and want to verify if it's working the way it's supposed to.

Thanks for your help!

~Kim

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The 404 error is a case sensitivity issue. I think the user profile page has Login.php instead of login.php. It is probably just a matter of finding and replacing the link.

Most likely so is the verificationi issue, but I'm not quite clear on what exactly you are describing... are you saying when you register a user from the admin section it isn't sending the verification email? or when you send the verification email the link doesn't verify properly? My best guess is another case sensitivity issue, but I'd like to hear more details so that I can make sure.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

kim420431

About registration in PS4

What I'm referring to is the mechanics of registering at the store. Click register and it brings up user profile page. Enter mail address, password, etc. and click update. It dumps you back in the registration page. That's a bit unnerving for the user because it doesn't really give you and indication that the update took. It just cycles back to a page with the information you filled in. It then proceeds to send an email to the user that registered. That works but the email looks like this:

DreamLight Publishing Registration Confirmation
Thanks for registering at DreamLight Publishing. View your profile at:

users_profile.php

It doesn't appear to be a loop that is verifying the email address on the registered account and therefore none of the registered users on my store are verified. Looking at the user list indicates that not one user is verified and going into the detail pages of a user shows that there is no check mark on the verification field.

The verification scheme would indicate that an email is sent to the email address registered with an email telling the user to click on the link to verify your email account. This doesn't happen at all. Nada...

What does come is the above message allowing you a link to "view your profile" and that returns to a page error of 404 page not found. In fact the only way the link actually work is if you are already logged into the store.

So my questions are two. How do I get the verification message to work so the verification shows in the user list and detail page? And why is the message link that's sent referring to a page that doesn't exist?

The link it takes you to from the URL is this:

users_profile.php%3F

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Open the users_profile.php page on your site and do a find and replace for:

users_LogIn.php

with:

users_login.php

That will fix the case sensitivity issue which is the 404 page not found error.

After you complete the update on the profile page it should actually keep you on the profile page with a verification sent message.

If you are still able to reproduce that problem after updating the case sensitivity issue, please post a zipped copy of the page to a response and I'll see if I can find any issues.

kim420431

Ok corrected the code

I've corrected the PHP code as instructed. It updates as new register, drops me back to the user profile page and sent an email as before:

DreamLight Publishing Registration Confirmation
Thanks for registering at DreamLight Publishing. View your profile at:

users_profile.php

When I click on the link it takes me to the user profile page which means that the code is no longer pointing me to a 404 no page found error.

However, when I go into the admin storemanager and refresh users, it still indicates that the user is not verified. Isn't the loop supposed to send out a verification that the email address is "good", owned by the user registering and then flag the entry in the user database table as "verified". It doesn't appear that the user verification is working at all.

Not sure how to correct this. I also think that the email sent after registration should say please click link to verify email address rather than view your profile at: this is actually very confusing to the end user. There aren't any instructions as to how the registration works or is supposed to. Just a form to fill out and an update button, then an email if they happen to notice. I don't see any verification "loop" in the process that lets the end user know what's support to happen.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I think that is the user registration email, which may not include the user verification link... have you tried clicking the verify user link from the profile?

I think the lable of that link is accurate... it just goes to the profile page. A verification link would include a string at the end that would verify the user... I'll open a support incident so that an engineer can contact you and help understand what is going on and how to adjust it to work how you want.

kim420431

Sorry to sound stupid

But I don't see a verification link in the profile page. After logging out, I used the link in the email to go to my profile. It says it's protected information and offers a sign-in. I log in and it brings me to my profile with the current information, but the only link/button is at the bottom and it's just an update button. I don't see anything about verification...

Any suggestions as to where I find that?

~Kim

Ray BorduinWebAssist

OK, this was my mistake... I did some research and found out that we actually removed the email verification link in the last release since we weren't actually using it or requiring email verification for any part of the site.

I think you can add it back to that page by adding a button for it into the users_profile.php page like:

<input type ="submit" name="verify_button" value="Verify Email Address" />

We removed it because there was no purpose for it in the powerstore... no restrictions based on whether you are verified or not. But it appears we just removed the button from that page and all the code is still in place if you want to add it back.

You could also add it back to the registration email if you wanted by taking the code from the page: WA_Universal_Email/Email_Templates/verification.php on line 9 and replacing the link on the page WA_Universal_Email/Email_Templates/registration.php on line 9.

dgwhit288523

Same Problem For Me

I was about to post the same questions, but did a search and found this post.

The user detail page is showing an email not verified which is confusing because no email verification email is being sent to the registrant.

The detail page also does not show the password.

The lost password email does work, but this is the only way an administator can locate a user password unless looking at the actual database. (logging on using the user email address and clicking on the lost password link and setting up a bcc to get the info)

I happened to like this feature which would help identify bogus users from getting access to the ecommerce site. Also, if the email address submitted by a user is incorrect and it is displayed when the user actually makes a purchase, the acknowledgement sent back to confirm the purchase would be sent to an incorrect address unless the user re-entered a correct address?

I hope that this is corrected in the next update and I am going to attempt to fix it per your suggested work around. About adding the password field to the detail page?

dgwhit288523

Using Resgistration Solution

For those of us who are also using the registration solution pack, which does have the email verification, it makes this issue confusing. Can you explain how to enter the code that will show the password on the detail page?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...