close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTML Editor 3 and CSS Form Builder Compatibility Beta Testing

Thread began 1/11/2011 3:46 pm by Anna Robinson | Last modified 1/12/2011 5:50 am by Ray Borduin | 872 views | 2 replies |

Anna Robinson

HTML Editor 3 and CSS Form Builder Compatibility Beta Testing

I sent you all an email on the coming release of HTML Editor 3. Our only effort remaining involves ensuring it can run side by side with CSS Form Builder.

-------------------------------
Builds you will need:
Download Form Builder 2 build
(If you currently own Form Builder 2, the current build in your download center will NOT work in parallel. You will need to install this beta build.)
Form Builder 2 serial #: h9GBO-38XhE-0yCWC-kFzOo
Download HTML Editor 3 build
HTML Editor 3 serial #: hXaPQ-ynhUn-0yESK-fIVLX

Test I would like you to run:
If you have Form Builder 1.x or 2.0.0 installed, uninstall.
Install Form Builder build referenced above.
Use the wizard to create a form and add a HTML Editor form field.
Then on a separate page, add a stand-alone HTML Editor form field, not using the Form Builder wizard, but the HTML Editor access points.
Next:
Install HTML Editor 3 build referenced above.
Use the Form Builder wizard to create a form and add a HTML Editor form field.
Then on a separate page, add a stand-alone HTML Editor form field, not using the Form Builder wizard, but the HTML Editor access points.

---

For reference, the new features included in this release are:
- HTML Editor has been updated to use the most recent CKEditor release and includes a more customizable skin and toolbar options.
- Apply as many style sheets to the HTML Editor instance so your customer sees their content exactly as it would appear on your site. You can also customize the entries listed in the Styles menu of the toolbar.
- Enhance your file upload fields with the standalone File Manager feature and provide your users with file upload and image editing capabilities without an HTML Editor instance.
- The File Manager has been updated to provide an improved user experience, including quick access buttons for crop, resize, rotate and delete.

---

Thank you for any/all feedback you can provide quickly. It is much appreciated!

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Hi Anna,

I went through the steps as requested and here's what I found.

On the first step, I used the "Simple Contact Form" template and decided I would change the text area in Form Builder to an HTML Editor.

I noticed that when doing this, Form Builder could not create the previews correctly and would give this error:

The end result, though, did work on the page as it should and can be seen here: formBuilder2.php.

On step 2, I was able to create the standalone HTML editor with no problems whatsoever.

That test can be viewed here: htmlEditor.php

With step 3, I had a couple of issues. Just like I did with the first test, I decided I would use the same "Simple Contact Form" template.

Right away, I got this error:

This appeared to be a minor error, because after pressing "OK" twice, it did finally allow me to continue going through the dialog and create the form as I had done before in step 1.

But when I loaded the files, I got an error on the page. Something is "undefined" and causing the error. I don't know exactly what is causing the bug yet, but am poking around.

You can see the result of that page here: formBuilderHTML3.php

If you look in the top left corner, you will see "undefined."

In step 4, the standalone HTML Editor looked and seemed to work great.

You can see that page here: htmlEditor3.php

I will continue to develop and give it some real test work on some actual production stuff I have and will let you know what else I can dig up.

I am really excited about the move to CKEditor and the enhancement of the file management tools.

Warmest regards,

Brian

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Thank you. We'll look into those issues this morning and try to get them corrected.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...